“My favorite boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #119 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Basel
“My favorite boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I finally got a chance to stay at the Greenwich hotel. I used to live in NYC and whenever I visited the city I used it as an opportunity to check out different hotels. My experience at the Greenwich was nearly perfect. I liked its design, the courtyard, the homey and thoughtful designed room, the complementary snack basket, the freshly baked gourmet crispy oatmeal cookies, the selection of books in the room, the spacious and beautifully tiled bathroom, the lounge areas and the spa.

I also loved the location because it's not as touristy and walking distance to SoHo. I was able to run along the river every day during my stay. It's also walking distance to great restaurants in the neighborhood.

This is what other boutique hotels should benchmark after.

Room Tip: Amazing decor and attention to details there is no bad room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank WorldTravelerBasel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed for only one night (unfortunately) with my husband and it was pretty much perfect. We booked with an Am Ex Platinum card and were upgraded to a lovely room (#416). It had the most amazing bathroom with a gorgeous free-standing tub, plus awesome shower and a dry sauna... The room itself overlooked the inner courtyard and was super quiet. The manager left us a bottle of wine in the room with a note ("thanks for returning, enjoy your stay") which, considering we have only been there one other night about 2 years ago was quite nice.

We both enjoyed spa treatments and I love the indoor pool area. It is beyond relaxing - so peaceful and tranquil it really is hard to believe it's in NYC. Dinner at the restaurant was delicious as was breakfast in the lounge area the next morning. That was one of my favorite parts of the stay actually... getting up in the morning and having delicious coffee while chatting with the staff. Everyone who works at the hotel is super nice and helpful. It truly feels like staying in someone's really cool, awesome house. I think it's easily one of the best hotels in the city.

Room Tip: inner courtyard room was super quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank josiegrammer
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Big room, perfect sheets, rainwater shower and a free mini bar refilled daily! These things alone would normally make a hotel stay for me but the Greenwich has so many extra touches of New York style including excellent staff and fabulous lounge areas around the hotel. If you want something understated and quite unique then this is the hotel for you.
Excellent location in TriBeCa, the cafe around the corner does a good matzo ball soup but the food in the hotel also looks delicious. It's worth getting one of the bigger rooms on a higher floor. Can't wait to return.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelClassic
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have wanted to stay at The Greenwich for some time now. I travel to NYC about once every year, and always like to try somewhere new (on the more upscale side). While I would not give this a five-star review if it were based purely on the grandeur of the property; but, that is exactly why I give TGH my five star rating. I stayed here in October 2013, and thoroughly enjoyed my one-night stay. I took full advantage of feeling as though TGH was my home away from home. It was an experience that, after only 24 hours, I felt completely rejuvenated. I arrived early and checked out late. The restaurant, Locanda Verde, is buzzing at night with a great bar area and amazing food/wine list. The gym and spa/pool area were absolute gems. My only complaint is that the TV in my room did not have good reception, but the amazing bed more than made up for it. My most recent hotel stay was at the Mandarin, Las Vegas - and the two hotels do not compare (so, if you are looking for a chi-chi spa type hotel, I would say, this is not the place for you). If you want an exclusive hideaway hotel with pampering and a cool ambience, then you should consider staying at TGH.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week in NY in TriBeCa - and lived the high life!
Staff made this stay so very pleasant - always friendly but unobtrusive
Perfectly sited close to Metro which opens the whole of Manhattan - try the freshly steamed lobster at Chelsea Market - best in town!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dragonboater_13
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I have stayed at the Greenwich hotel a few times and each time I check in, i am reminded of what a wonderful place it is. The staff is extremely accommodating without being insincere and chatty. The decor is beautiful - extremely well done for NY. It doesn't seem corporate or over styled but rather sophisticated and comfortable. There are many nice touches to note but array of art books, the creaking wooden floors in the room and Moroccan inspired tiled bathrooms are especially attractive to me.
I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Request inside room if you don't want any street noise
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank RR22RR
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very classy and charming, great hotel! Staff is very accommodating and nice! I don't say that often but staff was always (and I mean always) available to help and make sure our stay was wonderful. Great location for a quiet neighbourhood with wonderful restaurant near by. Spa services were excellent and very relaxing… Complementary snacks & minibar: wow! My husband loved the pretzels so much that we had to order them for home. Thank you for making our stay so lovely!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple