“Simple and refined”

Ranked #85 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Vineland
“Simple and refined”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I spent our 23 anniversary at this wonderful hotel. The day was spent in the spa and it was one of the best I have ever been to. The hotel couldn't have been better and we had a wonderful time. My only regret was that we left the building to shop. The next time I stay put and bring my poodle.

Room Tip: I do not want to say as I want my room when I go. If I tell others may take it. The beauty of this h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlakeVineland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We have enjoyed THe Greenwich so much and we can complain just slow service at breakfast time.
complimentary wifi is already must have in five star hotels, but complimentary minibar full of great non alcohol drinks like ginger limonade, green tea sencha limonade etc. is absolutely classy.
The hotel offers also complimentary sweets and chips in the room ***** ;)
Our room window was oriented to courtyard which was very quit in the night.
The Spa has wide offer of treatments. The pool area was always empty, who would like to be at the pool without any window ...

Room Tip: only courtyard rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alexandra k
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 5 May 2014

i stayed here 4 months ago and ia m glad i did as this hotel provided excellent serivce the staff where friednly the rooms are really clean and spacious the location is right in the centre of new york so easy to get around
would stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hongzu C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Bar snacks are complimentary, the rooms are a good size for New York and ours faced so the courtyard so was lovely and quiet. The swimming pool is a little haven in which to relax and I was even offered the use of an IPad whilst relaxing after my swim. Excellent customer service and extra touches made this an excellent choice which I shall return to.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cakem0nster
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel provided us with the perfect NYC weekend. It is a welcoming and relaxing hotel and the staff make you feel like a special guest. Located in Tribeca, it is close enough to walk to to Soho for shopping. The decor is fantastic, the rooms are so comfortable and quiet. The large drawing rooms are a inviting place for a drink. We used the serene spa and pool area and our massages were great. The restaurant in the hotel, Locanda Verde is highly recommended...food and service are fantastic! We have stayed in many 5 star NYC hotels before and this is now our favourite. The hotel and restaurant were a perfect experience!

Stayed March 2014
4 Thank curatedguide
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at the Greenwich hotel and It was just as fabulous as the first. I got treated like one of their celebrity guests and believe me, I'm no celebrity. The employees at the front desk were incredibly friendly and kind, wished me a happy birthday every time they saw me I almost felt as if I were in disneyland. Kai, Katherine, Evelyn, Danielle, and Tom in the Drawing Room truly made this a memorable stay. Do yourselves a favor and order breakfast in the morning....it will make you want to extend your stay another night just to be able to order another meal. Delicious! And don't get me started on the complimentary mini bar products. A truly luxurious touch. Thank you for a wonderful stay I know I will be back in the future!

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We have stayed here on 4 separate occasions now and it is definitely my favorite hotel in NYC and one of my favorites in the world. it is understated chic, beautifully quiet and just so refined in all the best ways. the pool is absolutely gorgeous and there is no better place to be than dining in the courtyard being served from Locanda Verde! ahh take me back!

it is expensive but you get what you pay for. There was one time that we checked in and were given a room with a much smaller layout/bathroom but after mentioning this to the staff we were swiftly moved to a better room.

Room Tip: rooms with a tub feel more spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple