“Gem in a great neighborhood”
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #96 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 February 2011

As a frequent traveler to NYC, I am always looking for new, comfortable places to stay. The Greenwich fits the bill and more. The hotel is quiet, intimate....and hip.

My budget does not allow me to stay in a larger room but have frequently gotten upgraded. I love the cozy room that face the courtyard with small balconies. Makes me feel as if I am in a little apartment.

The living room area that is open only to guests, as well as the outdoors garden, are perfect spots to meet with others or work. Service is great....and you can order from the attached restaurant Locande Verde.

Lots of great dining options within a few blocks and Soho shopping is not too far.

As a business traveler I find this place to be a great getaway. If you are working in mid-town you will need to give yourself time to travel but it is worth it.

Lastly - the fitness center and spa are top notch for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank PhenomDiva
There are newer reviews for Greenwich Hotel

Reviewed 7 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Greenwich Hotel over Thanksgiving. Previously we have stayed at Soho Grand, The Essex House and Hilton and we have had great experiences at all of the hotels. But the Greenwich Hotel is just out of this world! Everything was so great!!! Beautiful hotel, amazing spa, super-nice staff and I could go on. The only bad thing about the hotel is that we didn't want to leave it... I am already planning another trip to New York just to stay at the hotel.

I would sincerely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissMette
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We have spend 5 days in New York and the first time at the Greewich Hotel, The hotel is fantastic, the spa as well, great restaurant and fantastic brunch on Sunday

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2011

This hotel has a real homely feel to it and like other reviewers have commented it really does feel as if you are staying at somebody’s house.

On arrival we were shown to the hotel bar and served some complimentary coffees – actually it’s not a bar it’s far too homely and comfortable to be called a bar. We were seated near the open log fire – what a treat that is when it’s freezing outside.

We were upgraded to a larger room which was like a suite with a large bathroom with walk in rain shower. All drinks and food in the mini-bar were complimentary (apart from alcohol). All the staff were incredibly down to earth and very friendly and helpful especially Jonathan who always had a smile on his face as he greeted you.

We ate at the hotel restaurant which was always packed (a good sign). The restaurant food was very high quality and the service matched the hotel. Sometimes when you’re eating in a very busy restaurant the service can lapse – not the case in the Locande Verde. They also have an interesting selection of Italian wines.

The pool , spa and gym areas are also fantastic. We had the pool to ourselves most of the time and it has a very eastern (Thai) feel to it. The gym is modern and well equipped.

The location (Tribeca) is a quiter area than Soho but there’s still lots of interesting places to eat and drink. We went to the Terrior Tribeca which is an excellent bar / restaurant where you can sample many different wines from around the world.

I could go on … but it’s all good and I have nothing but high praise for this hotel. We stayed 2 nights here and then transferred to the Mercer in Soho (see my review also). The girl on reception told us that the Mercer is good but not as good as the Greenwich. They are different hotels and both excellent in their own way but there’s no doubt that I would return to the Greenwich everytime. Thank you very much Mr De Niro.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Well, this will be my home away from home from now on when doing business in NYC. If you like attention to detail and being made to feel very special, then you'll like it here also. Business travelers, do yourself a favor and reward and try out the Greenwich instead of the same old same old. I had no wants here, everything I could possibly need was provided perfectly. The staff were universally wonderful and also very attractive. My room was a study in detail, not ostentatious but always left me with a feeling of being taken care of so perfectly. The volume of water the shower put out was sinful! The dux bed was perfect, the Italian linens luxurious, the food was delicious, free non-alcohol drinks and snacks just great. If you are traveling for business and want to feel all warm and happy returning each night to your hotel after a long work day, then do yourself a favor and give the Greenwich a try.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I have now stayed at The Greenwich Hotel twice since it has opened and have had a fantastic experience both times. I have traveled all over the world for both business and pleasure and tend to prefer and intimate hotel experience and this hotel does not disappoint. I always state this as being in my top three favorite hotels in the world thus far. I have stayed in both the smallest room, the Courtyard rooms as well as a larger Superior room. Both of these rooms are large by New York standards and both feel like you are staying at someone's comfortable understand wonderful home. The library lounge and the restaurant are both fantastic as well. The only downside is the price as I would stay there much more often, however it is very worth it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed at the Greenwich for 3 nights at the end of our honeymoon which we had spent in the Caribbean. We had such a great time here and loved the hotel. We spent so much time researching where was best to stay and we were so pleased with our choice. In the end we chose this over the Mercer and are really pleased we did. The Greenwich has loads of charm, the bedrooms are great, the bathrooms amazing. We loved the touches such as a whole box of American goodies in our room each day and champagne we were left on the first night. We only ate at the hotel before we caught our flight on the last day - the food was fantastic and we really wish we had eaten there before. The staff are really friendly and the service is overall very good. There was a bit of noise around our room during the night a couple of times which was annoying but other than that this is such a great place to stay. Good location, great swimming pool and gym etc if you want to use it. Would highly recommend and would definitely go back when next in NYC.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple