Message from Tripadvisor:Temporarily closed

from US$106.00
from US$45.34
from US$100.00
1,054 results
All reviews minute tour tallest building in the world beautiful building our tour guide architectural history new york city hall wonderful tour art deco lower manhattan nyc history highly recommend this tour woolworths commerce gothic landmark beauty
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2019

I've been to New York / Manhattan several times and never knew about the history and beauty inside this building. Nina, our tour guide, was outstanding. We toured the GORGEOUS lobby, the 1st floor of the balcony. Mr. Woolworth was very forward thinking with this office building now apartments. The architecture is beautiful. I'm very glad we scheduled this tour, it exceeded our expectations.

Date of experience: September 2019
2  Thank elaineb194
Reviewed 6 September 2019 via mobile

My sister and I took this tour and loved it! Ed, our tour guide, was extremely knowledgable about the building the developers and owner. We got a history of the surrounding area and the reasons why the location was chosen, before stepping into the beautiful lobby to see the exquisite marble ceilings and cutting edge design and concept. Ed has clearly been doing this tour for many years so he added in many personal stories as well as the facts and figures to make for a very interesting and fun tour. 90 minutes was spot on. I would thoroughly recommend this tour for anyone wanting to see something unique in New York!

2  Thank carolinegourri
Reviewed 5 September 2019

This was one of the best tours I have ever been on. Our guide was very informative combining historical perspective with architectural facts and information, the history of Woolworths and the character and achievements of the founde. All told in a most interesting and engaging storytelling style. There was time for questions thorough examination.i came away thinking why doesn't everybody want to visit this building, which a lot of people are unaware of, but which is one of the most interesting and significant in New York- thankyou Woolworth tours and Ed Welter (tour guide).
Chris and Jules

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 4 September 2019

The Woolworth Building in New York just had to be visited. Remembering all the Woolworth Stores that gave so much pleasure when we were young.

Date of experience: March 2019
2  Thank GranSotland
Reviewed 3 September 2019

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the Woolworth Bldg Tour with Ray (who was a wonderful guide!). It is one thing to admire the W. Bldg from the exterior, but a completely different experience to see it inside. Never had we seen a bldg. so chock full of interesting details (you are really missing out if you don't see this building!). I really tip my hat to Frank Woolworth! The whimsical gnome like figures tucked in the walls and ceilings were really able to tell the story of F.W. firsthand, and I thank Ray for pointing out each and every one. I was glad I chose the 90 minute tour as the time flew by. Now my interest is piqued to read a biography of the great man.

Date of experience: August 2019