Open today: 09:00 - 16:00
Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Ellis Island
from US$57.00
from US$18.50
from US$46.99
from US$115.00
4,434 results
All reviews audio tour hard hat tour statue of liberty immigration process family history battery park american history immigrant experience new york ferry ride piece of history lots of history great history ancestors immigrants exhibits stories
Reviewed 3 days ago

Such an important part of who we are and why we are! I felt a special closeness being here. The Hard Hat tour of the hospital was especially interesting and informative.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This is well worth a visit. Great history and you could see exactly how people went through the whole process.

Lovely views of looking back into Manhattan as well

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

The history of Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island we’re truly brought to life by our wonderful guide Remy. The weather was poor but we worked round it. It certainly didn’t detract from a very informative and interesting visit.

Reviewed 5 days ago

I last visited New York in 1995. and for me, one of the highlights was Ellis Island. 23 years later, I returned to New York, and visited again. I'm pleased to say, it was as I remember it - one of the most atmospheric buildings I have ever been in, as if the hopes and dreams of all those people who passed through are embedded in the brickwork.

Since my previous visit, I have researched my family history, and found that a member of my family arrived in the US by way of Ellis Island, so this added a personal note to my visit. But even if you have no connection to Ellis Island at all, it's still a fascinating place to visit. It's just about being human, really.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have visited Ellis Island many times (including the unrestored side) and each time I am amazed at how much energy this Island still breaths. With a little imagination you can still feel the emotion and bustle that once went on there and walking its different rooms and looking at the various expositions makes you realize that this is where a lot of relatively recent history of the United States lays. Ellis Island is a definate must for everybody visiting NYC.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Wow what an amazing and interactiv muesum to go to. It is extremely well executed and the exhibitions and photography are truely amazing. The history behind immgration is truely enlightening as well, you would never know what people went through until you go there and learn. Highly recommended educational museum, well done.

1  Thank 8SAB8
Reviewed 1 week ago

Decided to get off the ferry on this visit after Liberty Island & so glad I did. Really didn't expect the quality & expertise of the restoration work. Reminded me of The Godfather movie!

Reviewed 1 week ago

We took the ferry over there from Statue Cruises. Buy your tickets from StatueCruises.com as they are cheaper!! Other sites sell them for $25.50 and you can get them on the direct site for the ferry for $18.50. You get a free audio guide when you get there. I enjoyed going through the exhibits to see what happened there especially since my family came through Ellis Island in the early 1900s. You can look up your family that passed through there, however it will cost you $7 for a half hour of computer time. FYI you can do this online on your own for FREE.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Ellis Island truly sums up the American Dream. It gives an insight into the thousands of people who left their homes in search of a better life in America. I used the computer terminals to trace my ancestor who left Ireland in 1900. It was very emotional reading the ship manifest with his name on it. Great experience

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have heard some people rave on about this place..my brother loved it but it was a little boring for me..nicely laid out and informative but the statue is the main event