“Go without kids or you will come out broke”
Review of FAO Schwarz - CLOSED

FAO Schwarz
More attraction details
Owner description: This world-famous toy store is a great place for kids to browse, play - and of course, shop.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wow what a place - just me and my husband but we spent quite a bit, were going to find Dylans Candy Store but we didn't bother after visiting here. The pick and mix was massive. They have Rice Krispie Squares that are square not like ours in the UK and they are huge. So many toys and all set out so nice and plenty of room to have a look. Never felt hassled by the staff. Didn't go on it but the Piano from the film BIG is there if you want to try it out.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great toy shop that will have you and your children open mouthed at the decor and vast choice of toys. Lego area has great range and cheaper than lego store at rockerfeller centre. Don't miss the famous giant piano and cuddly toys. Parents can get their retail therapy at nearby Tiffanys or Apple store.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited for the first time whilst on honeymoon in April and absolutely loved this store. There is so much to do and to see and such a wide range of goodies to explore. A highlight for us had to be having our fortunes read by Zoltar and for me having my photo taken with 'Iron Man' and 'Captain America'. It was a really fun aspect of our trip and I'd love to go there again if we go back to New York.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We went to have a look around this famous toy store. There are life size Lego models of Batman, The Statue of Liberty, a British Guard and more. These make for great pics. There is a huge keyboard on the floor and if you are willing to take your shoes off, you can tap out a tune in your socks, with your musical feet. They have a huge range of toys of course, plus a delicious looking lolly section, with a few unique sugar fixes, such as a pink, candy pig's snout. Now that's different!
If you have kids, they will love the place, but your credit card may get worn out! You can have fun without kids, just looking around.