“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Locanda Verde

Locanda Verde
Reserve with OpenTable
Locanda Verde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: North Moore Street
Transit: 1 Train to Franklin Street
Description: Locanda Verde is a TriBeCa neighborhood taverna serving Chef Andrew Carmellini's soul-satisfying urban Italian menu.
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The restaurant offers a very nice overall experience.
The atmosphere is calm and comfortable.
The dishes we ordered were very tasteful.
The wine list was also quite fulfilling.

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“NOISY & DARK (IF THAT'S WHAT YOU LIKE!)”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went with my nephew and his wife (smashing couple!) while I am visiting NYC from London last Saturday. Told it was THE place to see and be seen. Odd, since nobody could *possibly* see anybody else on account of there only being little tea lights on each table and the main lighting turned down to minimum on the rheostat! Why bother with electric lighting at all?
Also, the noise. I shudder to think that this is what's coming to London if it's so fashionable to walk out after one's meal with laryngitis.

To the food: our good-natured waiter obligingly came over to the plating area near the kitchen with me to let me show him what I wanted (The dorade - which I know as gilt-head bream - must be that New Yorkers' command of French language names for fish is better than I thought, or they're just poncy). It came whole, but Locanda think their clientele (another French word!) are incapable of filleting their own fish; maybe liable to a law suit if they choke on a bone? It was flavourful and satisfying. The EXCELLENT little crunchy potatoes were a big hit. My neph had roast chicken and his missus the papardelle, both of which were hoovered off their plates. Service was efficient and unobtrusive, Full marks for nobody coming over to our table and asking if "everything was alright". The ice cream dessert - a concoction of (what tasted like home-made stuff) a combo of vanilla and chocolate on a crunchy nutty base thing was truly divine, and an obscure Italian from Tuscany was delish. The wine list is well-priced from what I could tell. I wasn't privy to the bill, since I wasn't paying, so my comments further on would be my estimate for the cost. If you DO plan to visit this place which is obviously a haven for practising radio advertisement announcers, and you like a LOT of noise, be sure to take a little flashlight or make sure your iphone's light app works so that you can read the menu printed on the current madness of brown paper and in Pica typeface. It's not a place for a cosy date IMHO.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Michael F
“Absolutely Superb”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We couldn't book a table for dinner so walked in at lunchtime and we were not disappointed. The anti pasta was outstanding and the pasta as good as it gets. Terrific wine, excellent service and a lively atmosphere. We would return every time we are in N.Y. In the same league as the Gotham Bar and Grill.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank philfogg2012
Millington, nj
“Not the same old brunch- delicious ”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for brunch and really enjoyed. The toast with ricotta cheese and honey is so delicious! I had for main scampi and grits and it was unusual but yummy. My husband had French toast which was also very good. What I loves about this place was that it wasn't the typical brunch. The atmosphere was also great- somewhat bistro-ish.

“Awesome”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations of this place due to high recommendations from friends living in NY and it didn't disappoint, hands down the best place we went to in NY. We didn't have the best seat next to the kitchen server but it didn't affect our experience. We shared the steak tartare and the squid ink as our starter and they were both delicious and super tasty. The steak tartare had great texture adding nuts to the dish. I had the grilled/roasted fish and my partner had the lamb which were both cooked perfectly. My daughter had the ravioli and loved it so much she wanted to comeback and have it again, she also loved the dessert she had the Fantasia di Nocciola. The sommelier was lovely and knowledgeable and picked an awesome wine that complemented our meal. The service was friendly and efficient. Overall we had the loveliest time here, I wish I could go again. I would definitely come back here.

Visited April 2014