All reviews manhattan bridge train noise f line light sleeper heart of china town new york budget hotel lower east side free tea and coffee subway station battery park minute walk wall street ice machine stayed here for nights hotel is situated two blocks
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Very nice and clean.
Kind staff.
Confortable and very well located for bus and subway.
Staff can give you informations about everything.
I suggest this hotel who wants a cheap and clean hotel in manhattan

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Volagratis
1  Thank agostino c
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed here October 2012 with my husband, 2 kids and friend. We were stranded by Hurricane Sandy, so our stay was extended by 5 days whilst waiting for new flights home. The hotel extended the stay free of charge. Due to no electricity because of the storms the security doors couldn't be locked. Staff took it in turns to sit in the downstairs corridor to keep everyone and everything safe. They spent 12 hour shifts keeping look out. They opened their linen cupboards to us, as well as their vending machines - again no charge. The team that were there during the storm stayed there for the next week. I cannot fault any member of the team looking after us. The two rooms we occupied were spotless, the staff friendly and helpful. This is a budget hotel with a heart. I will stay here again without question. We would also like to thank the team here (and by god they are a team) for all their help during our 10 day stay.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have to say that I was quite surpreised to find out that this hotel was really not bad at all!!
I was skeptical at the beginning because it is located in Chinatown and because I read some reviews talking about the noise of tge railway.
The hotel is clean and simple, close to subway, 5 minute walk from Little Italy and even if my room was ob the side of the building close to railway it was still very silent because there are double windows in the rooms!
I definitely recommend this place!

Date of stay: December 2013
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Having read the reviews of this hotel and taken some comments with a pinch if salt we decided to give it a go. On arrival the desk staff were impolite and disinterested in their customers, but okay you don't stay for the staff.

We eventually located our room which was neat and clean but very tiny with only one dim light bulb in the hall way. So I opened the curtains to try to get some day light in, only to find that the railway track was right outside the window. The noise from the train was deafening as it went by ever 5 minutes. I saw the reviews about the train line from a previous visitor but I did not heed then, please be aware that is really is bad if you are unlucky enough to be assigned a room on that side of the hotel.

We did not stay, so cannot comment further about the hotel, but when we checked out within half an hour of arriving the reception staff did not seem at all surprised and did not even ask why we were leaving, I guess that tells you a lot about the numbers of people who will have done the same thing before.

Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruthierue75
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel along with some friends. When we got there, our expectations were ruined because the lobby of this hotel were under construction. The lift could not carry more than three persons with big luggage. The staffs were not friendly and the rooms were creepy somehow.

What I loved about this hotel, even a bit creepy, the rooms were nice and big for NYC hotel. Basically the beds were comfortable and very clean.
But the worst part was when we opened the window I got the bridge and the noise. It was very disturbing. The bathroom was average and could be counted as clean.

If you try to find a basic hotel with cheap price then this hotel is recommended. As long as you do not travel with older persons because they may have problems to use the stair instead.

Room tip: Room beside the lobby hotel, the one who faces the street, is so big and very comfortable.
Date of stay: February 2013