“What's not to love?”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$25.00*
and up
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Admission with Access to The Met Breuer and The...
Ranked #3 of 1,151 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At New York City's most visited museum and attraction, you will experience over 5,000 years of art from around the world. The Met is for anyone as a source of inspiration, insight and understanding. You can learn, escape, play, dream, discover, connect.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Remember, you can pay whatever you wish so if you only have a short amount of time, don't pay the full amount. Don't deny yourself one of the best museums of the world because you can't afford the full amount. There is something for absolutely everyone in this museum. Years ago they had a special exhibit on design and my vacuum cleaner was on display.

Write a ReviewReviews (46,890)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have been to the museum three times before and always chosen an area or at the most, two, to explore. This time I thought I'd try something different. I wanted to find out what I was missing!! I bought the headphones and took 'the director's pick' audio tour. I HIGHLY recommend it! In two days, only getting side tracked a view times because of my own particular interests, I felt I got a a very good taste of all the exhibit areas available at the museum and the major works.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

You need three weeks to see this marvel of culture but even a few hours there will change your life. If you have a chance, visit The Cloisters as well up on 183rd. They are brilliant, peaceful, informative. These are the stops in New York that will make the hustle and bustle all worth while.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

So beautiful, so interesting. Mesmerizing display of couture fashions and the architectural breakdown of how they were designed and made! So innovative and breathtaking

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Met is such a big museum. You have to plan to spend your day here or target certain areas. I was on a time constraint, so I tried to power through the exhibits and ended up getting a little lost. It was very cool though. Admission is suggested $25 but whatever you can pay.

What I like about the Met is there are so many exhibits and each area is something interesting. I didn't even have a chance to go to the Asia section of the museum.