“Visit the MET”

Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
US$125.00*
and up
Viator VIP: Exclusive After-Hours Viewings at The...
Buy Tickets Online
US$25.00*
and up
The Metropolitan Museum of Art Admission with...
US$175.00*
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Ranked #3 of 1,140 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At New York City's most visited museum and attraction, you will experience over 5,000 years of art from around the world. The Met is for anyone as a source of inspiration, insight and understanding. You can learn, escape, play, dream, discover, connect.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Metropolitan Museum of Art was referred to me by a colleague the last time I was in New York. It was an absolutely amazing experience. You need at least one full day (if not more) to see all the exhibits and artwork. Unfortunately, I only had a few hours (of which I utilized every minute) to see as many exhibits as I could. I will definitely plan to visit it again the next time I find myself in the city.

Write a ReviewReviews (45,932)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This museum is great. My only concern is that it is overwhelming. If you can do it in more than one day, it might be better. We spent a lot of time in the Egyptian artifacts and literally were burnt out by then and we still had so much more to do. I would look at a map or the website first to see what you are most interested in seeing. Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My partner is a member of the MET even living in Nashville, TN. It is worth it because of the discounted entry, gift shop and the option to dining in the members only dining room overlooking Central Park near the Obelisk. Please plan to spend no less than one full day to attempt to see the various collections. Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, enjoy this incredible teasure.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am not a big fan of art museums. I like living things and experiences better than old stuff that people mad to get laid. Yet I enjoyed the MET pretty much. Not sure how many of you know that there is a garden on the roof which gives a really neat view to the city over Central Park. The problem is that you cannot go up for free, you have to buy a ticket to the museum. There's no need to worry though because the entrance fee to the MET is not fixed. Meaning you decide how much you pay . consider it as a donation. The advised fee is 25 dollars but I think it is okay to give almost anything for the roof. Check it out!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I wish I had months to spend in this museum...it was just that good!

There is so much to see in this museum and you will not be able to see it all in one day. That's a good thigh though because it means you can come back again and again! There was such a great variety if art here! My favorite areas were the Greek, american wing, and European paintings but it was all wonderful.