Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
Orbitz.com
US$444
US$415
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
1,372 results
All reviewsgrand streetlittle italynew yorkbagelsmake your own waffleslower east sidefree breakfasteast villagehard boiled eggsthe breakfast areasubway stationwithin walking distancebrooklyn bridgefront desk staffking suitehotel is locatedtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I always kind of expect that one gets what they pay for. I expected the SoHo Best Western to be like any other Best Western: mediocre, but decent for the price. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The rooms were better than most of the Best Westerns that I've stayed in and the price was very reasonable for SoHo. The lobby is a bit dingy, but the rooms are pretty nice and the bathrooms can almost pass as luxurious. Definitely got my money's worth on this stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Gwen L, General Manager at Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

We are so glad to hear you were positively surprised by our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and staying with us. Your feedback assists us in celebrating what we are doing well and also focus where we can improve. Your comments will also assist our future guests with their NYC lodging decision. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

If this is your first trip to NYC or you are a returning tourist, please consider this hotel. I spent 6 nights in January 2014 in this hotel. The hotel staff is very helpful. The subway is very close. The hotel is in Chinatown, close to Little Italy and SoHo. I also stayed here in October 2013.

There is a continental breakfast to start your day.

I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I am so pleased you enjoyed your hotel and took the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us.

212-925-1212

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Bowery Hanbee for 4 nights in January. The rooms were excellent. I had a Queen bedroom and it was perfect for my girlfriend and I. Loved the heated floors in the bathroom. Location of the hotel had its pros and cons. It’s true that there is road construction going on, but that didn’t bother us one bit. Food in the area was great. Access to the subway was excellent. The only thing about the location that needs improvement is the lack of“nightlife”. Being from the west coast we found ourselves to be awake till 1-2 am due to the time change. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything open within a block or two for us to have a drink. Everything in the vicinity is either a Chinese store or restaurant that was closed by 8pm. This obviously isn’t the hotels fault but just an FYI if you’re looking for a hangout nearby. Overall though… a great hotel. Very clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Calidude323
Gwen L, General Manager at Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I will certainly share your comments with my team so we can celebrate what we are doing well. I apologize you had a challenging time finding some "nightlife". In SoHo, just a few blocks from the hotel has some clubs/bars. The front desk can assist with some recommendations. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in NYC.

Gwen Lytle

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel experience wasn't horrible, it just wasn't the glowing one we were expecting after reading so many positive review on this site. The hotel is located in Chinatown. Some reports will say that it is in Little Italy, but it is not - Little Italy is a couple of blocks away.

The B-D subway line is about a block and a half away, the J line stop is also close although that line does not run on weekends, and the 4-5-6 and N-Q-R stops are a few blocks farther away in more of the heart of Chinatown. We had no trouble catching a cab on Bowery in the morning on Saturday, and on Sunday morning to the airport. The clerk at the front desk tried to talk me into hiring their airport car service for $49 plus tip as he said catching a cab would be difficult but it took us about 12 seconds to get a cab to the airport on Sunday morning and cost with tip was only about $36.

Our room was actually fine. Spacious enough for an NYC room - my daughter and I shared the Queen room and it as fine for the two of us. Plenty of room for our stuff for 3 nights and the bathroom was suprisingly spacious for a room that size. I have stayed in smaller rooms where your knees hit the wall in front of you when you sit on the toilet, but this wasn't like that at all. The bed was comfortable and the heat worked fine. The extra blanket was really nasty, yuck! Housekeeping does a good job and the room was clean and smelled fine.

The breakfast is more than you would expect for NYC and continental - every kind of roll, bagel, muffin you would want, juices, coffee, hot cereal, waffle makers, bowl of apples/bananas/oranges, yogurt. They did offer an egg dish and a meat (bacon or sausage) and I will say the the scrambled eggs were not fresh, definitely the consistency and taste of powdered or frozen eggs. But it is nice that some protein is offered.

Our biggest issue was the late night noise in our hallway on Saturday night. I woke up at 2am to hear someone talking really LOUD and it sounded like they were in our room! I opened the door and in the hallway right in front of my door was a young woman having a very loud conversation on her cell phone. I told her to stop and she just walked away and kept talking on her phone. Then at 4am I woke up again to multiple people laughing and shouting in the hall. This time I called down to the front desk and asked them to send up security. They must have done something as the noise did stop within 10-15 mins or so.

So overall our stay was sufficient. We prefer other neighborhoods in NYC so we probably wouldn't stay here again, but it is a good value, clean, decent rooms in a relatively safe area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pmcolorado

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and choosing to stay with us. You provided great detail to assist future guests make their lodging decision. We appreciate your feedback so we know what we are doing well and strive to improve. I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in NYC.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Close to china town and little Italy, friendly staff, great rooms, very clean. Even better, I lost my cell phone only to return to my room at the end of the day to find it placed in the centre of the bed. Staff had found it and left it for me! Unbelievable!! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Eileen - you are so sweet. I really appreciate you sharing this experience with me in person. It made my day too (and my room attendant). Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and staying with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.