“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #282 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Santa Barbara
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 10 days. I was there for a wedding in Little Italy and for site seeing. The hotel was in a great location for all of my activities. I loved being able to walk everywhere. The entire staff of the hotel was incredible. I have never been treated so well. They were informative, funny and very warm. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Gwen L, General Manager at Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel. I will certainly share your kind review with my team. They are a wonderful group of people that truly enjoy working in hospitality. Our location is great for walking and seeing so many wonderful neighborhoods that NYC has to offer. Please come stay with us again soon!

All the best!
212-925-1177'
Gwen.Lytle@InterstateHotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We just returned from a seven-night stay in NYC. We needed to be near Little Italy for a wedding, and chose this hotel because of the reasonable price and Trip Advisor reviews. The hotel is quiet, for a large hotel, and was very clean. Great shower and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good, and there was a very clean patio to eat in. The best part of our experience here was the staff. They were friendly, helpful, and answered all our questions about directions, subways, etc... We want to say "thank you" to Jeffrey, Sean, Hugh, and Melissa, for making us feel at home, and treating us so kindly. We would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I am so thrilled to hear about your wonderful stay with us. I am so proud of my team and all they do to provide personalized service to our guests. I will certainly celebrate your comments with them. Our location is certainly great to be close to Little Italy. I hope you were able to enjoy the great food and shopping in the area. It is great that you were able to enjoy breakfast on the outdoor patio too. Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next visit.

All the best!
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone for many reasons. The location was fun, the morning breakfast was convenient, our room was clean and spacious, but what really stood out was the employees. They were so friendly and helpful-especially Jeff! We had a great stay.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Hbremen
Gwen L, General Manager at Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
We appreciate your very kind review of the Best Western Bowery Hanbee hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our location in the NYC neighborhoods. I will certainly share your review with my team and especially Jeffrey. We look forward to you next stay with us.

All the best,
manila philippines
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in between Chinatown and Little Italy. If you are a foodie, you will enjoy it coz there is lotsa restaurants, bakeries and deli's around. Hotel is one short block from the subway station. Staff is friendly. The only weak point they have is the small breakfast area given the volume of guests they have and the elevator that was constantly out of order. Otherwise this hotel was of good value. Just check if the road construction is done before you book

• Stayed May 2014
I am so glad to hear you were able to enjoy the amazing restaurants around the hotel. The food is amazing and diverse in this area. I am glad to hear the staff took great care of you. Our patio is open for breakfast currently and really allows a more relaxed breakfast experience. We did have issues with our elevator that has proven to be a bigger issue than originially thought. We are in the process of having it correctly permanently. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Best Wishes,
Haleiwa, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was my first visit for us as a family with a 5 year old. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The front desk and all staff were very bright eyed and very helpful no matter what time of day!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

It is so great to hear that our hotel worked so perfectly for your first family trip to NYC. I am glad the staff took good care of you while you were with us. I will certainly share your comments with them. We hope you will return to visit us again soon.

All the best.

United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Large clean room, wooden floors, modern bathroom, great overall experience, The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Great location if you want to be close to LES and Chinatown. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Elizabeth N
We love to hear that our hotel was a good fit for your travel needs while in NYC and that you want to return. Thank you for staying with us and writing the review about your stay to share with other. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in NYC.

All the Best!
toronto
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I wrote to the manager, Gwen Lydle, beforehand and explained that I was bringing my wife to NY for a very special occasion and requested a quieter room away from the ice machine. We arrived and the reception awaiting us exceeded every expectation.
Without going into details this is a very well appointed hotel in lower Manhattan. It is in the middle of Chinatown (I know, I know, it's not Fifth Ave) but once you're on the second floor Lobby you feel completely at home. The staff was attentive, efficient, and top-notch. Check-in and out was a breeze. And when they told us to just ask if we had any questions or needed anything, it felt like they meant it! That alone was refreshing among NY hotels.
Our room was large and airy and best of all...quiet. Those double paned windows really did the trick. Our room had been upgraded and it was lovely. Bed was very comfy. Room very clean. Breakfast was fine and just the thing if you wanted to get an early start.
The location is excellent. You're in Chinatown. A few blocks to the west and north is Little Italy. To the east is the Lower East Side. And there's a subway a block away which, along with walking, was our favorite mode of transportation.
The Bowery Hanbee was everything we could have asked for in a NYC hotel. Actually it was more!
Highly Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank travelling_with_kids
I am so thrilled to hear that your stay went so perfectly! I am so glad my staff and I could be a part of your special trip. We do appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and staying with us. We are really proud of our hotel and love how your review points out so many great things about our hotel. Please come stay with us again soon!

Best Wishes,