Repeating many of the other posts, there were positives and negatives
PRO: Very friendly staff, clean, free breakfast, close to a subway stop, comfortable beds, relatively spacious rooms for NYC, room was not ready when we arrived early so they stored our bags while we ventured out into the city.
CON: filthy streets, construction everywhere, no parking (2 out of the three lots nearby were full; the third, luckily had openings for $39/day), very thin walls so you can hear everyone in the halls, the smell of fish from the streets prevents opening the windows, no view/filthy windows from construction outside, no place to pull up in front of the hotel to unpack unless you pull on to the sidewalk.
Typical Chinatown sights, sounds and smells. Fish stalls on the streets from hotel to subway are very interesting but the smell can be overwhelming. We enjoyed our stay but would not stay here again due to the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel is located in the heart of Chinatown. It is a modern seven story non-smoking hotel with 102 guest rooms. Many of the guest rooms overlook the streets of Chinatown. The property serves a complimentary continental breakfast daily. For the guests convenience all rooms have hairdryers, iron and ironing board, coffeemakers, clock radios, telephones with voice mail and in-room safes. The hotel offers free wireless and hardwired high speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western