“Such a surprise!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pars Grill House and Bar
Ranked #4,927 of 13,477 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Coast
“Such a surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

We decided to visit Pars purely as it was close to a performance we were going to (and a curiosity about Persian cuisine.) So glad we did! The mixed grill was so delicious.... Nicely flavoured and perfectly cooked. We paid a little extra to get the Zereshk rice and it has to be the best rice I've ever had. My only complaint would be that they didn't have the Saffron ice cream the night we dined. Should I ever be lucky enough to be back in NYC this will definitely be on our list to revisit!

“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

...it took some time for me to find it but best way is taking Subway 1 Red Line. Station 28th.
...Great management, awsome food (by the way i had chicken barg).... oh just that one pretty witress out there with attitude, but all rest really rated 5. ;-).
Ali

New York City, New York
“At Pars they know how to cook better than anyone else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Let me be honest and tell that I'm very picky in my food choices. I prefer only healthy and tasty food, otherwise I'd not eat at all. And that's what I did in some persian places in Jersey and Manhattan. But at Pars Grill I was impressed pleasantly.
They started treating me with complimentary tea with cardamon and saffron, tea you hardly can find in a city. Atmosphere is very warm there, all servers are taking a great care of you.
I had a grilled vegetable salad - grilled portabella mushrooms, slices of eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, fresh scallions and feta...that's my definite choice. Their tender yogurts are also better than I could expect. All food they bring with the freshly baked bread nun. After my first course I was already happy, relaxed and satisfied with my evening.
Then they just finished me with the best lamb chops shishlik, juicy, soft, delicious. They cook rice better than any place in the city... I am korean, I know rice, but hardly even good asian places can compete with Pars in rice cooking.
Very often after full meal they will also please you with their homemade deserts - baklavah or pistachio ice cream....mmm...
Guys, no flattery, no exaggerations, Pars is the place you want to meet best of your gourmet experiences. A must.

• Visited January 2012
Caldwell, New Jersey
“A Scrumpcious Persian Experience in New York City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Recently my wife and I enjoyed a delcious night out at Pars, on 26th Street, NYC. In this beautifully appointed space, we tasted an unfamiliar and most welcome combination of spices, flavors and textures. Pars Persian food is spectacular. I had a soup termed "ash", which is a variety of beans and lentils in a beef broth with a stream of yoghurt running through it. My wife had "kashke bademjan" which is mashed lightly fried eggplant finished with yogurt sauce, crushed walnuts and a touch of sautéed garlic mint. We shared both apps. and I'm glad we did. For main courses she had the lamb chops "shishleak", center cut of lamb loin on the bone marinated in garlic, oil and spices while I had a shrimp kabob with cream-garlic sauce. We finished the feast sharing Persian ice cream; a superb saffron flavored, homemade ice cream with pistachios and then black Turkish coffee. The service was relaxed, caring and professional. We're coming back and soon!

• Visited January 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This is a fantastic restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is a great spot for all diners--carnivores and vegetarians. My wife likes the lamb and I like the vegetarian offerings, including the salad with portabella mushrooms and the pizza. Excellent atmosphere, nice neighborhood, and great service make this a "must" whenever we are in Manhattan.

• Visited November 2011