“Gheimeh anyone?”

Pars Grill House and Bar
Ranked #4,914 of 13,548 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
New York City, New York
“Gheimeh anyone?”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Tried out a local Iranian/Persian restaurant. There probably aren't too many places (Teheran excluded) in NYC that can serve up Ghormeh Sabzi or Fesenjan....but if that is your yen, this might be the place. Service was excellent, the food new to my palate. The decor could use a pick-up. I missed the belly dancer.

• Visited October 2013

NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, different, and in my neighborhood!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went to Pars with two friends the other night. (I went years ago with my notatall adventurous spouse and loved it, but he......) The food is very different to everything I am familiar with, and is really good. Of course I/we have a lot more menu exploring to do.
The names of the dishes are a bit hard to get the mind and tongue around, but a lovely woman named Masha (Russian) helped us.
The service was marred by an apparently brain-damaged runner, who brought our main courses to the table before we were even halfway thru the apps, and could not grasp the fact that we wanted him to take.them.away.until. we. had. finished. the. apps. We had to glare at him and gesture before he got our drift.
I am eager to return, and plan to invite another friend to go there very soon.

New York City, New York
“One of our favorite NYC restaurants. (And we live here)”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

A good friend of mine from Nashville of all places, found Pars on a recent trip to NYC. She insisted that my boyfriend and I go, because, well, Persian food is delicious. I'd only had Persian food once before several years ago, and my boyfriend had never had it. We were both very impressed. We had the chicken koobideh, fesenjan, sour cherry rice, and the pistachio ice cream. The food was great.

My boyfriend and I went for a second time recently, and decided that Pars is one of our favorite restaurants in the city. The food is amazing, the ambiance is fun/romantic, and the service is very good. If you're looking for a great Persian food experience, this is it. I highly recommend.

Montreal, Canada
“Savory food”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The food in this restaurant is very tasty and agreeable. The quality is very good and it is perfectly cooked.The appetizers and doogh were also very tasty. The service is also very good.
It is surprising to find such Iranian food in the middle of Manhattan.

Vancouver, Canada
“Something a little different”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The service was excellent, and we found the food to be unique and flavourful. We also had a belly-dancer perform. We will be back next time we are in NYC.

Visited January 2013