“Happy Discovery” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pars Grill House and Bar
Ranked #4,919 of 13,488 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
“Happy Discovery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Walking down the street, contemplating where to dine.
Alas, a lovely spot with open shutters, so welcoming. Wonderful food, smiling servers, quiet. Ate there twice!

• Visited August 2014

Cairns, Australia
“OK but wasn't made to feel welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by Pars to have a drink at their bar whilst we were waiting for a comedy show nearby. It was very cold outside and I asked if they had something warm such as coffee for me to start with before I had a cold beer. The only thing warm they could offer me was a tea of some sort which I found odd as they have a restaurant and no coffee in NYC??? I decided to have a beer instead and my wife had a nice Australian red wine. Good prices and service was prompt. It was a little odd however to listen to the owner discuss pay issues with one employee and rechargeable battery issues with another right next to us. We left after 1 drink after our tip was taken from the bar with not so much as a thank you and went on our way. This place was OK but just lacking some friendliness and customer service. I can't rate the foods as we did not eat.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Gheimeh anyone?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Tried out a local Iranian/Persian restaurant. There probably aren't too many places (Teheran excluded) in NYC that can serve up Ghormeh Sabzi or Fesenjan....but if that is your yen, this might be the place. Service was excellent, the food new to my palate. The decor could use a pick-up. I missed the belly dancer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious, different, and in my neighborhood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went to Pars with two friends the other night. (I went years ago with my notatall adventurous spouse and loved it, but he......) The food is very different to everything I am familiar with, and is really good. Of course I/we have a lot more menu exploring to do.
The names of the dishes are a bit hard to get the mind and tongue around, but a lovely woman named Masha (Russian) helped us.
The service was marred by an apparently brain-damaged runner, who brought our main courses to the table before we were even halfway thru the apps, and could not grasp the fact that we wanted him to take.them.away.until. we. had. finished. the. apps. We had to glare at him and gesture before he got our drift.
I am eager to return, and plan to invite another friend to go there very soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“One of our favorite NYC restaurants. (And we live here)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

A good friend of mine from Nashville of all places, found Pars on a recent trip to NYC. She insisted that my boyfriend and I go, because, well, Persian food is delicious. I'd only had Persian food once before several years ago, and my boyfriend had never had it. We were both very impressed. We had the chicken koobideh, fesenjan, sour cherry rice, and the pistachio ice cream. The food was great.

My boyfriend and I went for a second time recently, and decided that Pars is one of our favorite restaurants in the city. The food is amazing, the ambiance is fun/romantic, and the service is very good. If you're looking for a great Persian food experience, this is it. I highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013