“A black eye on a decent chain”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #9,523 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family has eaten at many TGI Friday's restaurants, and you typically know what to expect. Since we were looking for a quick lunch with a picky 12-year-old in tow, we chose the familiar. However, this particular restaurant gives the chain a black eye. First, you need to know that the prices are inflated even beyond the norm for NYC (good luck finding anything on the menu for under $20). Second, the service was not very friendly or helpful. Third, the space was cramped and felt dirty (there was a very unpleasant odor as you passed the bar at the entrance). Finally, the food was terrible. None of us could finish our meals. My reuben had hard, brittle bread, very little sauerkraut or dressing. My wife and daughter each chose the smoked turkey club, which turned out to be ham with way too much mayo. And the kids' fries were greasy and were not seasoned well. The best part of my meal was the salad I got with my sandwich instead of fries, but it was one of the smallest salad portions I think I've ever seen. Needless to say, we were very, very disappointed.

There are newer reviews for TGI Friday's

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We love a good meal at TGI's here in the UK so for our first meal after landing in NYC we figured we might as well go somewhere familiar.

Unfortunately this place was horrendous and we should have just eaten at BK or McD's!

We waited to be seated and once upstairs immediately regretted our decision to eat here. It was soooo hot and the atmosphere was incredibly dull- no music and the staff all seemed miserable. We waited quite a while to be have our drinks order taken and yep you guessed it, waited even longer for them to arrive… a couple tables nearby looked pretty peeved off too.

Our food took an hour to arrive, our waiter who we hardly saw, told us "it's just coming… two minutes" but it was not two minutes. The guy in charge ended up coming over to tell us that our ticket had been lost and our food was "just coming now". Obviously we weren't impressed, and as he was incredibly rude about it "I've just told you, it's coming now" we were about to get up and leave when it arrived… the chips were cold and stale and the rest of it was only soso.

If it wasn't for the 20% discount the manager oh-so-graciously granted us we would have left the restaurant in a super foul mood.
And that's the last note- leaving the restaurant and being presented with a pool of vomit on the store front.

Seriously T.G.I's ? This place needs sorting out.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Food was lovely waited for a beer for 20 minutes no apology. Seems a complete lack of communication between bottom and top floor.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have visited several TGI Friday restaurants across the world including another in Manhattan on the same trip (blame the kids!) however have to confess to being slightly disappointed we stopped for lunch and were one of two tables however service was slow and when the food did arrive it as only ok not as good as expected - the chicken flat bread was cold not sure if this was how it is supposed to be or not? Also most TGI restaurants have a great atmosphere and interesting bits stuck on the walls this place was empty and lacking in atmosphere. No cause to complain but certainly won't rush back - carry on walking and maybe try one of the smaller cafés at the bottom of the Rockerfella Centre prob cheaper and much better!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My Boyf and I went here before a show. We went for the experience but I wasn't expecting to fork out 120$.... in saying that we got one starter, 2 large main courses and 2 good size desserts.
When we arrived we were told 20 minute wait but were seated within 5 minutes, upstairs.

We shared a chicken starter; smothered in Jack Daniels but it was nice. Our main courses were the ribs... massive portion! I gave almost half my ribs to my boyf because I couldn't finish them.
And our desserts were good size portions he got some oreo ice-cream type thing and i got the brownie with Ice-cream which was beautiful! The service was very good. the waitress was very attentive and if our drinks were running low she was back straight away to refill (free refills). I think her name was Annette. And also she was very grateful for the tip which is nice to see. I think some people just expect it in New York but I don't see why people should feel compelled to tip if the service is bad!!

I think I was just shocked by the price but then again it was NYC and the portions were big. We were seated in like a booth which was also nice. I would recommend people to go but just know that it is alot more expensive then you would expect from a chain restaurant.