“Terrible place, terrible food, will never eat in a TGIFs again.”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Ranked #9,700 of 14,214 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I never normally bother to write reviews but I feel so strongly about this place, I feel the need to share my experience with other unsuspecting customers.

This is the worst restaurant I have ever been in. Service terrible, waitress forgot our drinks and when we said we no longer wanted them as we had eaten by this time, she made us feel like we had inconvenienced her.

Food terrible. Establishment terrible. We will never eat in a TGIs again.

Interesting to note that other reviews say similar but seems that there is no interest in TGIs in doing anything about this awful place. Would love to speak to a TGI rep about this.

We regularly frequent TGIs in the uk and have always received the service and good food we expect.

Don't waste your money on this place.

1  Thank JWMJ

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family has eaten at many TGI Friday's restaurants, and you typically know what to expect. Since we were looking for a quick lunch with a picky 12-year-old in tow, we chose the familiar. However, this particular restaurant gives the chain a black eye. First, you need to know that the prices are inflated even beyond the norm for NYC (good luck finding anything on the menu for under $20). Second, the service was not very friendly or helpful. Third, the space was cramped and felt dirty (there was a very unpleasant odor as you passed the bar at the entrance). Finally, the food was terrible. None of us could finish our meals. My reuben had hard, brittle bread, very little sauerkraut or dressing. My wife and daughter each chose the smoked turkey club, which turned out to be ham with way too much mayo. And the kids' fries were greasy and were not seasoned well. The best part of my meal was the salad I got with my sandwich instead of fries, but it was one of the smallest salad portions I think I've ever seen. Needless to say, we were very, very disappointed.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We love a good meal at TGI's here in the UK so for our first meal after landing in NYC we figured we might as well go somewhere familiar.

Unfortunately this place was horrendous and we should have just eaten at BK or McD's!

We waited to be seated and once upstairs immediately regretted our decision to eat here. It was soooo hot and the atmosphere was incredibly dull- no music and the staff all seemed miserable. We waited quite a while to be have our drinks order taken and yep you guessed it, waited even longer for them to arrive… a couple tables nearby looked pretty peeved off too.

Our food took an hour to arrive, our waiter who we hardly saw, told us "it's just coming… two minutes" but it was not two minutes. The guy in charge ended up coming over to tell us that our ticket had been lost and our food was "just coming now". Obviously we weren't impressed, and as he was incredibly rude about it "I've just told you, it's coming now" we were about to get up and leave when it arrived… the chips were cold and stale and the rest of it was only soso.

If it wasn't for the 20% discount the manager oh-so-graciously granted us we would have left the restaurant in a super foul mood.
And that's the last note- leaving the restaurant and being presented with a pool of vomit on the store front.

Seriously T.G.I's ? This place needs sorting out.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Food was lovely waited for a beer for 20 minutes no apology. Seems a complete lack of communication between bottom and top floor.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We have visited several TGI Friday restaurants across the world including another in Manhattan on the same trip (blame the kids!) however have to confess to being slightly disappointed we stopped for lunch and were one of two tables however service was slow and when the food did arrive it as only ok not as good as expected - the chicken flat bread was cold not sure if this was how it is supposed to be or not? Also most TGI restaurants have a great atmosphere and interesting bits stuck on the walls this place was empty and lacking in atmosphere. No cause to complain but certainly won't rush back - carry on walking and maybe try one of the smaller cafés at the bottom of the Rockerfella Centre prob cheaper and much better!