“simply delicious”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Cross street: Howard Street
Transit: J, M, N, R, Q, W, Z & 6 trains to Canal Street, 6 train to Spring Street, and B & D trains to Grand Street.
Description: Originally opened in 2008 as both a Peruvian and Cantonese restaurant, owner and culinary director Darren Wan decided to reconceptualize the already successful restaurant in 2010 into the chic, upscale and exclusively Cantonese format that it is today. Melding traditional Chinese cuisine with a hip and contemporary venue, RED EGG caters to those looking for excellence in their cuisine as well as in the ambiance they want to enjoy it in. In addition to the Cantonese and Szechuan specialties menu, RED EGG features classic Cantonese dim sum throughout the day. Recently awarded the Bib Gourmand rating in the MICHELIN Guide New York City 2011. Don't forget to try the Peking Duck Sliders, Pan Fried Dumplings and Red Egg Filet Mignon to name a few.
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I like this restaurant alot. I'm vegan & my boyfriend is a carnivore, & we always find food to please us both at Red Egg. My boyfriend luvs the roast pork buns & asst dim sum, & there are always plenty of vegetarian dumplings & spring rolls for me, but if I'm in the mood for more of a real meal deal, i can always have the Mixed Vegetable dish or Fried Tofu with Mushrooms. Before or after your meal, check out the Museum of Chinese in America just down the street.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Visited this restaurant on a Saturday night, the day after the Chinese New Year. The greeter was friendly, wished us a happy new year and walked us to the table. The atmosphere is pleasant and the aroma of foods made us more hungry. We watched as different dishes were being delivered to the neighboring tables to get an idea of foods to order. We ordered different platters for everyone's taste buds. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. Service was very good. We were entertained by a dancing dragon and drums. It was a good time for all, and I would return.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Had an extended family Saturday brunch at Red Egg. Since we were a large group it provided to opportunity to sample a very large variety of dishes. To simply put it, all were really good. The place is somewhat more quite than similar dim sum places in Chinatown which adds a point.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We recently moved to an apartment a couple blocks away and ordered delivery a couple weeks ago. The food was very good, and the other night we went there for dinner. The decor is red and black and glossy, more trendy and also more formal than the usual restaurant in Chinatown. While it is near Soho, It's not "Soho trendy" either, the vibe I think is maybe Hong Kong formal, with a couple hostesses who stand by at the ready, and a roving manager in a suit checking on everything. The food is a bit different from other Chinatown and Manhattan restaurants. There were Peking Duck sliders which were served on these weird spongy mini-pancakes -- but they were surprisingly excellent. We also got the minced chicken on lettuce wraps which were served, like the sliders, already made up for us in individual servings. I had some duck wonton soup which was great, husband had kung pao chicken which had a lighter sauce than we are accustomed to, and fresher finished with a sprinkling of additional uncooked peanuts. Orange beef was sort of ordinary, but overall an above par experience. We're really happy for this find so close to home.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Very very good food and low price.
The atmosphere was great. The service friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed it. I would come again, which for me is the real test.

3  Thank Bndot