“Amazing show! ”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Amazing show! ”
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

We visited radio city for the Christmas Spectacular and the Rockettes gave a stunning performance...our young kids enjoyed the show and even sang along.

I've given this place four stars in place of five since they have a real crowd management issue. We got there well in advance of the show and they kept us waiting outside the hall, along with many others like us. Finally, they couldn't get everyone seated before the performance started. So a fairly large crowd waited in the foyer and we all missed the start of the performance.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Princeton, New Jersey
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A memory, but could be more considerately managed”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We took our daughters into the city to celebrate our oldest's birthday on Dec 23rd. They loved the show, especially the Rockettes' tin soldier segment. If you haven't done this at least once, be sure to treat yourself.

The only complaint is how show management continues to seat late comers throughout the show. We were constantly disturbed during the show by people being seated even an hour into the show. I can understand maybe 10 minutes, but they encourage bad behavior by allowing anyone to come whenever they want - this needs to tighten down to not ruin an expensive experience for the 90 percent of the attendees that know to arrive on time.

Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I had never been before and took my Mom who was visiting for Christmas. The show was fantastic!!!! Yes, it was crowded getting in, but they had easy-to-spot signs directing people to line up on 51st Street. The line was really long, but moved very quickly. (We got in line around 8:45 for the 9:30 p.m. show and were inside around 9:05 p.m.) It was a little confusing where to go inside to find our seats, but the staff were really helpful. Women's bathroom line was very long, but moved quickly and we were in our seats long before the show started.

My only "warning" is to not expect a quiet, theater style show. There were people selling popcorn etc. up and down the aisles and many people coming in late with drinks from the bar. Also, many people got up to leave (to beat the crowds?) before it was quite over. However, even though we sat near the back, we could see really well. Hint: If you buy tickets early to a 9:30 show, you can get really good seats for under $50.

I was afraid it might be a little too cheesy (I am 37), but it was great--yes, it was a little cheesy, but perfect for the holidays! The special effects were awesome. I would totally go again if tickets were under $75 or so.

Hint: When you are leaving, head East (towards Brooklyn) on 51st Street and walk over to 3rd Avenue or so instead of getting caught in the mayhem of 6th or 5th Avenue.

Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A Spectacular Christmas Extravaganza”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was my first visit to Radio City Music Hall, though like the rest of the world I'd heard of this famous landmark and the Rockettes. This was a Christmas present for my grandchildren (11 and 8) and, on my own, I wouldn't have seen their Christmas show or any other performance. However, by the finale, I had become an admirer and a fan. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The costumes are incredibly beautiful. The choreography showcases the versatility and talent of the dancers, who are now a diverse group, as are the other cast members. I was very pleased about that and also the themes, which represent the spirit of Christmas.
Trying to determine what I like best is hard to do when a show seems to get better and better with every scene. The 3-D element was great fun and my grandchildren's favorite. I thoroughly enjoyed the simulated bus tour through Manhattan. Here again the choreography was superb and original and the digital graphics a visual delight.
The show ends with a very moving Nativity Scene, again with extravagantly beautiful costumes. Here again an illustration of the reason we celebrate Christmas. The entire audience appreciated this and applauded wholeheartedly.
The singers and orchestra complemented the show from start to finish underlining "Music Hall." It was a treat to see the orchestra pit rise at the end so that the audience to could give the musicians the face-to-face applause they deserved for their contribution to a spectacular evening.
I understand why this is an annual tradition for families.

Burlington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“wonderful show”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular is just that. What a great show with wonderful
entertainers, costumes, music. Very comfortable seating and although we were on 3rd
mezzanine would say there are no bad seats. The 3D episode was fantastic. A show for
all ages.