“Delicious dinner after a LONG day! ”

Piccolo Fiore Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo Fiore Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,652 of 13,754 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 2nd & 3rd Avenue
Transit: Grand Central Station. Trains 4, 5 ,6 & 7.
Description: Hi, We need help with our business hours. We need to update to the following Monday-Friday 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm 4:30pm - 10:00 pm Saturday and Sunday 4:30 pm - 10:00pm Thank you, Piccolo Fiore
Laval, Canada
“Delicious dinner after a LONG day! ”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went here on recommendation of the concierge at the Grand Hyatt. She mentioned it was a slight detour on our way to Rockefeller Plaza, but that it was well worth it. This was our first dinner in NYC and I enjoyed the Veal Marsala. Delicious meal, everything was great (waiter brought me the chicken Marsala, but had grabbed the wrong plate. He quickly rectified and the Maître D gave his apologies. This little issue was resolved very well)
It was a nice small restaurant that offered privacy and a nice quiet atmosphere, which was a nice change from the hustle outside.
Worth the visit!

Hartsdale, New York
“Authentic North Italian Food in a Lovely Setting”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A friend took a group of us here for dinner a few nights ago. It was my first visit, and I was very impressed. The menu is mainly Northern Italian food, with specialties from Tuscany and the Veneto. Everything was well prepared, the service was attentive but not overbearing, and the setting was lovely, with quiet music and enough room between the tables so that a group could easily talk.

We had stuffed zucchini blossoms for our starter, along with the delicious bread and a small skewer with tomato, mozzarella and olive on it. I had Orata for my main course, a fish I rarely see outside Venice. It was moist and delicious with a very simple lemon butter sauce. Others in the group enjoyed a pasta dish with mushrooms and skate. We finished with selections from the extensive list of gelato and sorbet flavors, which tasted very much like the gelato one gets in Italy.

This is a restaurant I will definitely keep in mind for special occasions. The prices seem in line with what one pays for a nice dinner out at many restaurants in the city, but the spacing of the tables and the ambiance make it a superior choice for a quiet, elegant meal.

• Visited April 2014
New Jersey
“Great service, Good food”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Went there several times already with a large group. There is a private room up front that has a big round table which makes it easier to talk to everyone. The ambiance is very nice there. The service is excellent and the food is pretty good. Most of our group liked what they had but there were a couple of misses. All the same overall I like this place but don't expect great food.

• Visited April 2014
Fairfield, Connecticut
“We won't return”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I joined several others for a friend's birthday party last evening. The friend had been there before, and raved about the food. We had a private room, and the staff could not have been more attentive. However, the food was very disappointing. I had a Salad Caprese to start. The mozzarella was enormous and there was only one basil leaf. Compared to other Salads Caprese I've had, it seemed unbalanced. For the main course, I had Veal Scarpariello. The veal was tough and the sauce much spicier than I was used to. The only really good part of the meal was the birthday cake, a large tiramisu, which was the best I've ever had. Unfortunately, the food apparently was too rich for my system, and I didn't sleep all night. I won't return to Fabio Piccolo Fiore. I'm giving it two stars because of the staff and the tiramasu.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BabetteDyveine
Baltimore, Maryland
“Much better choices in NYC”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The conceirge recommended this restaurant as it was Italian and close by the hotel as I requested. The food was average at best, but the wines by the glass saved it from being a total loss. We have had better Italian food in a strip mall, but somehow this place stays in business. The artichoke soup made from canned pickled artichokes was a joke, and the lobster ravioli was probably made from langastinos, not lobster. Maybe it's because they have a piano most nights? Maybe it's because it does look nice inside, but it sure isn't for thier food that keeps people coming. A much better choice is Osteria Del Doge which was booked or we would have gone there. My advice is don't go for dinner, but maybe for a great glass of wine and an appetizer. For wines we had the Luigi Bosca Malbec from Argentina and a Sav Blanc from Spain which I highly recommend both if you go.

• Visited December 2013