“Fun, entertaining tour for anyone that loves music”
Review of Rock Junket

Ranked #135 of 605 Tours in New York City
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun, entertaining tour for anyone that loves music”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Music and rock n roll specifically has been a passion for me since high school. Since I have seriously listened to music and read books about music history for over 30 years, I was a little skeptical about this tour. I thought I knew enough for this tour to be a bore. I was wrong. Bobby has done an amazing amount of research and shared great stories about the landmarks he showed us. He is a very personable tour guide that knows his subject well and conveys an enduring passion for music. This tour was a highlight of our recent visit to Manhattan, and I recommend this tour to anyone who has an interest in rock n roll music.

Visited November 2011

Melbourne, Australia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Was a good tour, wouldn't exactly say amazing though...”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Bobby is good as a tour guide and with small groups you get a more personable tour, which is always better I think. There's some history that he talks about that the majority of people would know, but he spends a fair amount of time on artists that were big in East Village, but not really anywhere else. I would certainly recommend the tour to anyone, but make sure you're interested in music. I got a bit out of it as I love the music scene, but there were several times when no-one on the tour knew who Bobby was talking about.

Visited September 2011
“An amazing tour you'll never forget!”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My husband and I honeymooned in NYC in July, and this was BY FAR our favorite tour of the trip! Bobby was incredibly knowledgeable and personable. It was an experience we will remember forever and ever! If you are ever in NYC and you love music, you MUST take this tour!!! You will not be disappointed!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Rock n Roll High School”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The East Village Rock and Punk Tour, and no doubt the other Rock Junket trips, are entertaining, insightful and fun - and a great way to take a couple of hours out of your break in NYC. We already had walked around a bit and had no idea how much history was around and about us. If you like music - and have a fondness for the 60s thru late 70s then this is the one for you. But it's also for you if you just like a walk around to take in the local atmosphere and learn about some new stuff and pick up some great hints and tips about where to find good food and drink. 'Bobby Pinn' has good stories to tell and you benefit from his first hand knowledge and experience. We *really* enjoyed it and recommend it wholeheartedly.

Visited February 2011
Bournemouth
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Rocking tour with rocking host Mr Bobby Pinn.”
Reviewed 1 October 2010

We went on the punk music tour last week and it's fantastic. My husband is a music lover and discovered a lot of things he didn't know. Even if you're not a major fan of the punk movement the tour is still really good fun. Bobby Pinn makes the tour and you can tell it's his passion. We bought his book at the end of the tour which is well worth getting. We'd definately do one of his tours again. If it's hot make sure you take a drink with you.