“Dissapointing - little for Your money ”
Review of noodle village

noodle village
Ranked #2,762 of 14,719 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We found this place on Yelp which had good reviews. I was very disappointed with the food, fried noodles with vegetables. It was very little variety on the vegetables, it didn’t taste that good and the plate was just ok in size! I also ordered vegetable speingrolls which were just ok.... they were though very warm!
My boyfriend had two varieties of dumplings and said they were good and the noodle soup was ok.
Water was DISGUSTING, like drinking the pool back home!

Service was bad and we felt we were in a big rush when we were finished and got the check without even asking for it. I had barely swallowed the last food and had to finish my overpriced cola!

2 stars as my boyfriend was ok satisfied but should be less than one in my opinion!

Eat somewhere else.....

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to visit this restaurant for lunch as it appeared busy and patronize by Chinese.
Ordered the fish ball noodles soup and the claypot chicken rice. The fishball noodles was quite a small serve and there were only 4'fishball. Rather small serve for the price
The claypot chicken rice was acceptable without any wow factor. There are better restaurants in Chinatown

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hubby and I tried coming here before but had no luck, too crowded. This time we got lucky! The menu looks so good with different types of noodle dishes plus dumplings and others too. First, the hostess tried to sit us right at the front but we didn't like the seat due to too much traffics and small space between the aisle. The hostess didn't know we would order many different dishes that need a bigger space. We asked for an empty table by the wall in the middle section and spacious, so she gave us that table. Nice!

We started ordering the clams, Chinese broccoli, cuttlefish, soy sauce eggs, soup dumplings, seafood dumpling lo mein, shrimp dumpling, scallion pancake, and chicken lollipops. Wow! We ate all that? Yes! Because each portion is small and we took our time to finish it. To be honest, we really didn't have to order the lollipop chicken and scallion pancake but Hubby wanted to try them. The best dish is clam. I must get this one again! The taste was so flavorful. It's nothing like Asian sauce but combination of all the best ingredients but I don't know what those ingredients are. Chinese broccoli was made perfectly, crunchy too! The fact that they offer different size of vegetable plates is awesome. So we picked the smallest plate with reasonable price and had a lot of vegetable in that small plate. The shrimp dumpling was another good dish. Cuttlefish was the reason I wanted to come in because I saw the picture outside the restaurant. However this dish couldn't beat the clam. The seafood dumpling Lo Mein was quite tasty. It comes with vegetable around it and dumplings on top. The soup dumpling was ok but I liked shrimp dumpling better. Scallion pancake was pretty good.

Overall service was pretty good. They got a name tag on, so it's easy to address and call them. At the end we left happy and the hostess suggested that we come back for more. Ha ha!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Today we went to Noodle Village for lunch. While the found was authentic the spicy pork lo Mein and Scallion pancake were rather oily, Xiao Long Bao were ok

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Very good and original chinese fast food. We have been there twice in a week because of their famous wontons and noodles.