“Business trip to NYC”

Ranked #265 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Business trip to NYC”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Chelsea Savoy Hotel is clean, reasonable, and conveniently located. Forget the breakfast they offer - it doesn't show up in time for early meetings and it's not really worth waiting for. Instead go across the street and up one block - there's a great little diner where literally everyone knows everyone - GREAT FUN! And around the corner, there's a really nice little wine bar!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KAlexander2119

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Huntington, WV
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My daughter and I have stayed here on two separate occasions. Very convenient, close to the subway and other sites. Clean and the location is quiet. The continental breakfast could be a little better, but I suggest you save your appetite for other eateries in NY. I plan to stay here every time I visit the city.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room in the front of the hotel if you would like to people-watch those out...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cornealia P
Alameda, California
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My friend and I needed a reasonably-priced hotel after we took advantage of good airfare for a spur-of-the-moment trip. The Chelsea Savoy turned out to be an excellent choice. We especially liked the location because we were able to walk to Times Square, Chelsea Market, the 9/11 Memorial, and the High Line. We could have walked to Battery Park for our Statue of Liberty tour but instead took advantage of the nearby subway station. The hotel itself is showing some wear, but our room was absolutely clean and was nicely spacious. We appreciated the coffee and breads in the mornings; the bagels were really good. The neighborhood is lively and interesting without being overly crowded. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor in the back. No view but quiet. Wifi was not good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kris E
Houston, TX
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I usually go the luxury route when I travel with my husband. But this time I was going on a girls' weekend and we were on a budget. One woman in our group found the Chelsea Savoy. I was so impressed--the room was spacious so I wasn't tripping over my roommate or her luggage. It was clean and came with amenities--free wifi (which most luxury hotels charge for), toiletries, a mini fridge, and breakfast. Location was ideal--very close to the subway and many nice restaurants. The view was terrible... For the price you can't beat it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SevenContinents50
Claremorris, Ireland
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Where to begin with the Chelsea savoy hotel! When we arrived for our ten night stay in the hotel we couldn't believe our location for the price we paid! Located in the heart of Chelsea it was a most safe and appealing area! It's within walking distance if grand central station and Times Square! If your not in the mood for walking the subway was literally outside the door!! The rooms were a lovely size with a good size bed! Rooms were cleaned to the thoroughly each day with a good supply of towels provided!! If your in NYC I would highly recommend the Chelsea savoy due to the above comments! You won't be disappointed! It will leave you plenty of $'s in your pocket to enjoy the plentiful sights and sounds that NYC has to offer!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hallige2
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for ten nights in mid april! I could not fault the chelsea savoy in any way! We just couldn't believe the location we got for he price we paid! Chelsea is a really clean and safe area! Grand central and times square were within walking distance and if u wernt in the mood for walking the subway couldn't be any nearer...it was beside the hotel door! The hotel itself was lovely with large comfortable beds and virtually no noise! Id recommend anyone to try the chelsea savoy if staying in the city! You would be a fool to pass it by!!! I cant wait to return!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Eimear H
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I ended up having to switch to this hotel do to a mix up at a different hotel, so I didn't know what it was going to be like. Small-ish rooms although that seems common in a lot of big cities like this. Nice, clean rooms with wifi. It is right in the middle of the action of Chelsea so b4 prepared to hear horns and sirens(although it dies down street midnight). We got lucky and were able to see the empire state building from our room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo