When we booked this hotel , we didn't have high expectations. We had looked at reviews, which were favorable, but did not expect it to be as good as it was.
We arrived and we were greeted at the door by a pleasent door man. He helped us with our bags, but what we noticed the most was his rapport with guests as they were leaving and entering the hotel. We arrived early and they held our bags until our rooms were ready. We had 2 rooms booked and they accommodated us by putting the rooms next to each other.
Yes, the elevator is slow and small. But it almost adds to the ambiance of the hotel. It is an old building, but the rooms were very nice. The location is the best, most priceless part of this hotel. 2 minutes to times square!!! 10 minute walk to 30 Rock! / Rockefeller Center!!! 20 minute walk to Central Park!! 25 minutes or so to Empire State. If you don't mind a walk, everything is in the area!!
Pleasent and helpful front desk staff. Cleaning staff was very nice and cleaned room well most days ( we were there a full week ). Breakfast was good. Toast, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal. It is a continental breakfast that will get you started. No hot eggs, bacon or fresh pancakes. But still good. Breakfast host was great and kept everything clean and stocked. One down side is that the hotel is on a side street where there is one ways / no turns, so getting a cab is sometimes easy as there are 2 or 3 hotels on street and difficult at other times as no cab wants to be on a road less travelled. but main roads at end of either end of block.
All around great place to stay, a half block off times square. Excellent staff. Great value for your money!!! We would stay there again, as long as price stays competative
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Broadway at Times Square Hotel offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ctrip TA, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Broadway at Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midtown Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Times Square
- New York City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Midtown New York