“Still my hotel of choice for NYC!”

Broadway at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #178 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Buffalo
“Still my hotel of choice for NYC!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I first reviewed this hotel after my first stay there, 2 years ago. It's become my hotel of choice for NYC, especially being a most of the time solo traveler there. I've stayed there 6 times (including my most recent stay, of Aug 11th-15th 2011) since my initial stay there, and will keep coming back! It's the first hotel I check for all my solo NYC trips!

It hasn't changed since my first stay there. The staff is very friendly, some even recognize me by now, and the rooms are very clean and have standard amenities. I've stayed in both king and queen bed rooms, and both have been fine. This most recent stay I was in room 703. It's always very quiet and I never have problems sleeping in this hotel. In all my stays, I've never had a view of the street, it's always the back, so not much of a view, but it's quiet.

I always get a good rate with AAA, but you have to show your card at check in, or they won't give it to you.

I was there on some very hot days, and it always felt wonderful to step inside the hotel and feel the cool air conditioning! The hotel is remodeling their entranceway a little currently, to make it handicap accessible, but they weren't working during my stay, so there was no noise from it.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, I'll keep coming back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank BuffaloAmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed the weekend here in August 2011. The rooms are really clean and nicely updated. All rooms in this price range in NYC will be small, but there was plenty of space for us to navigate the room and put all of our stuff, and the bathroom was actually quite spacious. The A/C isn't the best but we were comfortable enough to sleep. There is no view from this hotel - you will look out the window to a brick wall. That didn't bother us at all since we were barely in our hotel anyway. The location is fantastic - literally steps to Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, the subway and so much more. Breakfast was standard but such a nice perk to save a few dollars in the mornings. They also have a luggage room and will happily hold your luggage all day when you check out so you can wander the city. Awesome! Staff was helpful and polite, no issues checking in or checking out. We parked at the garage across the street and it was around $35/day. Totally happy with this hotel and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Check your A/C as soon as you get to your room to make sure it works well!
2 Thank Ash0818
Thessaloniki, Greece
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have stayed to that hotel twice during my visits to NYC. It's very clean hotel, the service is excellent and it's in the best place to times square. So close to times square and the price is very good.
It is very clean hotel, it has wifi everywhere and the breakfast is satisfying.
I would definitely go to that hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mirsini80
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The room was small but this was expected and no big deal, who's going to spend a lot of time in the room anyway? Room was clean (and tidied up every day). The only problem was that someone was very obviously smoking in their room/bathroom because our bathroom was filled with cigarette smell/smoke all the time. This was supposed to be a non-smoking hotel and I *hate* the smell. The air conditioning unit was very loud (and not very effective), it's a good thing we were so tired after touring the city.

The elevator was horribly slow and should really be replaced if at all possible, we ended up taking the stairs to the 8th floor (walking was faster!).

Breakfast was minimal but OK. I would have liked some meats and/or sliced cheese in addition to the cream cheese and butter that were offered.

Price was high, but I guess that was expected being on Manhattan. Location was great, although wading through the tourists on Times square made walking one block take about the same time as walking 3 in normal conditions.

Overall, nothing spectacular, but wouldn't mind visiting again.

Ireland
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I booked this hotel based on the excellent reviews that I read on Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. The location is excellent, just a few minutes walk to Times Square, yet on a quiet street. There were plenty of bars and restaurants closeby and many of the sights were within walking distance. The subway station is closeby also. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was basic by European standards ( rolls, juice, yogurt, fruit and disposable cutlery etc was provided ) but was enough to set us up for the day. The room was a reasonable size, big enough for a couple. The air conditioning worked well and there was an iron and ironing board in the room which was a bonus. There was no tea making facility in the room, just an coffee maker but tea was available in the lobby 24 hours a day. Overall I was delighted with this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank IrelandIrisheyes
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We loved everything about this hotel. The location was beyond excellent. The gentleman that worked the night audit shift was extremely pleasant at check in. He was very informative about the area. Excellent customer service!!! Too bad I didn't get his name (black man). The room was super clean!!! Too bad they only had employee rate available for 1 night, otherwise we would stay here the entire stay. We ended moving to another Comfort Inn a few blocks away, but that's another review.

2 Thank mrs_seng
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

When we booked this hotel , we didn't have high expectations. We had looked at reviews, which were favorable, but did not expect it to be as good as it was.
We arrived and we were greeted at the door by a pleasent door man. He helped us with our bags, but what we noticed the most was his rapport with guests as they were leaving and entering the hotel. We arrived early and they held our bags until our rooms were ready. We had 2 rooms booked and they accommodated us by putting the rooms next to each other.
Yes, the elevator is slow and small. But it almost adds to the ambiance of the hotel. It is an old building, but the rooms were very nice. The location is the best, most priceless part of this hotel. 2 minutes to times square!!! 10 minute walk to 30 Rock! / Rockefeller Center!!! 20 minute walk to Central Park!! 25 minutes or so to Empire State. If you don't mind a walk, everything is in the area!!
Pleasent and helpful front desk staff. Cleaning staff was very nice and cleaned room well most days ( we were there a full week ). Breakfast was good. Toast, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, cereal. It is a continental breakfast that will get you started. No hot eggs, bacon or fresh pancakes. But still good. Breakfast host was great and kept everything clean and stocked. One down side is that the hotel is on a side street where there is one ways / no turns, so getting a cab is sometimes easy as there are 2 or 3 hotels on street and difficult at other times as no cab wants to be on a road less travelled. but main roads at end of either end of block.
All around great place to stay, a half block off times square. Excellent staff. Great value for your money!!! We would stay there again, as long as price stays competative

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family