“Comfortable hotel, reasonably priced”

Broadway at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #177 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Comfortable hotel, reasonably priced”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

A good hotel with a great location,convenient to restaurants, the theater and the subway.
Rooms are clean and well-kept. And all of the staff is kind and helpful. The breakfast area is small but food is good and plentiful.
I have my third stay there coming up soon.

Room Tip: If you want a bit of a view you should ask for a room towards the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Auntiejj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geelong
Reviewed 23 November 2012

my husband and my daughter and myself stayed in this hotel and we were all very happy with it, We were a litlle concerned with the lack of room in the bedroom as we had two double beds and fthree large and two small cases but there was a large wardrobe where we stored three of them so it worked out quite well. The staff at reception were great as was the cleaners and breakfast server, the breakfast room was clean at all times although quite small but they are renovating at the moment. This hotel was also very quiet, clean and comfortable, we would certainly stay there again as it is so close to everything and not too expensive compared to some of the other hotels in the area!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 21 November 2012

we have stayd at the hotel 5 nights.
Great location - near everyting! time square, 5th eve., broadway, resturants, bars, shopping.
The subway is just 3-4 minutes from the hotel.
The rooms are big and clean.
The staff is very nice and helpful.
The breakfast is a little bit poor and there is not eunogh tables for all the guests.
Although' we defenitly will come back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Medellin
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Hi. Good hotel, silence and location. But Be CAREFUL when you give them your credit card in the front desk for the deposit in case of any damage. They create a phisical voucher which of course show all the information of the credit card. I was there since november 1st to 5th. When I checked my credit card statement I was shocked. They charged it with 900 dollars of orders through Internet. This is the moment I´m still trying to get my money back with my Bank. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank vorrego
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce Associate at Broadway at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear vorrego,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your credit card information was stolen and misused. However, we can assure you that this did not happen at our hotel. Upon check-in, we swipe the guest’s credit card and take an imprint for our records. This information is not shared or given out to anyone. We do not make vouchers. Our employees continually receive praise over their customer service, and many have worked at the hotel for years.
Thank you.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 19 November 2012

After reading some reviews, I was concerned about room size, but both the room and the bathroom were more than adequate, and, yes, spotlessly clean. I was also concerned about street noise, but even being half a block from Time Square, there was none. The hotel is small but well-kept, renovated but maintaining a fifty's look. Hotel staff efficient and amiable. All in all, a very nice stay. Will probably return when in New York. Location is great!

Room Tip: You may ask for a front room when reserving,
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Litchfield, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This hotel is spotless clean!!!!! Very friendly front desk staff and bellman were terrific! Yes, rooms are small but the bathroom was large enough to move around in to get ready. Breakfast area clean and a nice perk. I would give $this hotel a 5 star but I can't... The beds we had were well slept in. They need to buy new beds. they are sagging and you can see it when bed is made. But the location was perfect... 2 blocks maybe to Times Square... When I come back to New York I will be staying here!!! Also, it was safe and the bellman made us feel like we were home... Can't remember his name but tall man who always laughed at me and my gal pal I was there with..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank McCormicks130
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Before I begin, let me state that I have stayed in many hotels and have never been anywhere like here before.

I stayed here with my partner, sisters and parents for 8 nights, in 3 different rooms.
We each paid the same and got completely different sizing rooms.
Upon arriving, the front desk said hello and within the first sentence asked us to pay upfront for all rooms. We found it to be a bit rude, but proceeded to pay and then went up to our rooms.

We now knew why....
The extremely small & stuffy room but was clean (which was at least ONE good thing about this hotel). We then decided to unpack and go to bed. Our heating started spitting out gas or something so we called up Maintenance. He 'fixed' the problem and went away. It didnt stop for the next 2 hours. It was SO loud so we called them up AGAIN. We tried to ask the maintenance man what was going on, but he couldn't speak English, so they just moved us to another room.

The breakfast was cereals, stale doughnuts and juice - I wouldn't bother eating there at all. Go across the street to the cafe deli shop which is open 24 hours.

The rooms have paper thin walls, and can hear everything next door. When next door opened their door, our door shook and sounded like someone was trying to come into our room. I even heard someone going to the bathroom one night!!!

One morning we were heading down stairs to go out and put the 'do not disturb' sign on our door. We ran into the maid on the way out, and she asked if we wanted our room serviced. We said no thank you and went out. When we got downstairs I forgot something in my room and my partner went up stairs to get it... He finds the maid at our door with it open?!?!?! I found that disgusting & very rude. Glad he got up there when he did in case she stole anything.

The days we didnt get our room serviced, the maids got VERY angry and rude. They were very pushy. I know that is their job, but Im not letting people in my room who I don't trust.
One day she asked if we we're leaving and then started cheering in the elevator. She was SO rude!!!

The LIFT/ELEVATOR - slowest lift in NYC. There were broken tiles which my sister tripped on. And you would think that it would have a sensor if someone was getting in, the door wouldn't close on them? I started to walk into the elevator and instead of opening back up, it rushed towards me and closed, and have a terrible bruise on my leg.

The staff are very rude and unprofessional, and not friendly at ALL.

On the last day that we were here, we found out they charged us an extra $5000 on our card, on top of what we already paid!!!!!!!! They said the computer automatically charged it and would try and fix it soon. How many other people has this happened too????

The ONE thing I liked about this hotel was the location, but PLEASE pay a little bit extra and go somewhere nice and professional.

I was so excited to stay here from the great reviews, but NEVER, EVER EVER AGAIN.
We have been extremely disappointed with our stay in NYC and cannot wait to go home.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Lauren C
applecorehotelsstaff, E-Commerce Associate at Broadway at Times Square Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
Dear Imemusic,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were not pleased with your stay. Upon arriving, guests are asked for their credit card to be swiped, but this is not for payment until checking out. The room types you had were the same, but the size of the rooms does vary slightly. Hotel rooms in Manhattan generally are smaller than in other parts of the country, and ours are about average for Manhattan. Sometimes, when condensation forms, the heating system will hiss, this is because it is an older system.

Our free breakfast consists of cereals, toast, bagels, yogurt, boiled eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, and more. When guests put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, the maids cannot enter the room, however, the rooms do have to be cleaned at least every three days. We can assure you that our employees are very trustworthy and that they would not steal guests’ items.

Our staff works very hard to ensure that our guests have an excellent stay and they continually receive very high praises for their friendliness.

When the extra $5000 was accidentally put on your card, the General Manager personally called the bank to have the money released.

We hope you will give us another chance on your next trip to New York City.

Liz from Apple Core Hotels