“Quaint hotel, great stay!”

Broadway at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #190 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 22 August 2009

If I could describe this hotel in one word, it would be quaint. I recently came back from a very pleasant 3 night stay. I actually booked this hotel months ago, cancelled when I found a better rate, then re-booked it when their rate became the best one. I got an excellent AAA rate booked through the hotel's website.

I arrived early, and my room wasn't ready, he told me to check back at 12 and it would be ready, even though check in time wasn't until 3. He let me store my bags and use the business center as there was something I really needed to check. The breakfast room is open from 7:30-10:30, it was open when I arrived, but I didn't use it until the following morning. I didn't come back until later on in the afternoon, when I was checked in and given room 809, 1 queen bed as I was traveling by myself. The room was small, but quaint and charming. It was clean, and quiet, as it was on the backside of the building, my view was a wall and windows on another building. It suited all my needs just fine. Nice flat screen TV, comfortable bed, desk, decent size bathroom and closet. I had no complaints, it was perfect for me. The free wireless internet was a great amenity, and worked perfectly, I never lost the signal once. My only complaint about the room was the wake up call line always seemed to be busy, so I had to use the alarm to wake up, not a big deal though. It was a really nice alarm clock with an Ipod docking station.

The hotel is small not just in rooms, but in size overall. The hallways are narrow and there's only one elevator (which I had no problems with). The front desk staff were all nice and helpful. The breakfast room, it didn't have many tables, but had a good selection of food, like cereal, yogurt, donuts, waffles, bagels, toast, coffee, juice, milk, and fruit. I always took my food back up to my room to eat, I also saw some people eating there's in the lobby. The business center has two computers and is open 24 hrs, as is the fitness center, but I didn't use that. There's two vending machines in the lobby, and the ice machine is in the basement, which is kind of creepy if your down there by yourself! There was a check in/out and flight check in self service kiosk in the lobby, I tried to get my boarding pass on it and it didn't work, but maybe it was just my airline, I don't know. I went into the business center and printed it off for no charge.

The hotel's location is perfect, Times Square is only a minute's walk to the right, and the subway is a few minutes away. There always seemed to be cabs available out front, and there's restauraunts nearby. It's also a close walk/subway ride away to all attractions.

I am glad I changed my reservation back to this hotel, as I had no regrets. I will definitely stay here again, I actually may change my reservation here for my next NYC trip in October. The price was great, but if you use the AAA rate, you do have to show your card at check in for them to give you the rate, there's a sign at th desk noting this, same for AARP rates I noticed. I'll definitely be back, and would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank BuffaloAmy

Reviewed 21 August 2009

We stayed for three nights and enjoyed every moment of our stay. Yes the room was very small but it had all we needed. It was clean, comfortable and best of all, super close to everything. Just a short walk to Broadway, Restaurants, Parks and every thing that makes New York the exciting place that it is known for. We were quickly greeted with a friendly, smiling staff upon check in and the smiles continued throughout our entire stay.
The breakfast area is small but has enough choices to please everyone. It is a continental breakfast. Again, let me mention that the room is very small but who goes to NYC to hang out in their hotel room? We have absolutely no complaints about this hotel or their staff and will without a doubt stay again. Except that next time, we will stay more nights. I highly recommend this hotel for it's value, comfort, convenience, cleanliness and friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2009

When you book a hotel online and arrive with a printed confirmation, do you have confidence that the hotel will honor that? Don't be so sure if you make your reservations via Choice Hotels!
I chose this hotel carefully after reading many reviews. It was a special occasion coming to NYC to celebrate my wife's birthday. We arrived at 11 PM exited and even planned a late dinner after check-in in a nice nearby restaurant.
However the reception person printed a registration form with rates about $50 higher per night. When I showed him my printed confirmation letter which showed the original rates, he said there's nothing he can do and "either sign the form withe higher rates or you cannot check in". We asked him to first get the room and then sort this out but he refused and even suggested that if we don't like those rates maybe look for another hotel, which I thought was outrageous! He then tried to call Choice Hotels. It took some 20 minutes of waiting to talk to them, and amazingly they declined my rates too! After finally talking with Choice Hotels supervisor, it turned out that my rates were raised "because I called them to ask for a room facing the back-side" to avoid street noise. Needless to say - they never mentioned it would change the rate, and the hotel does not charge any extra for that anyway.
It was after midnight when we finally checked in after giving up and agreeing to sign the registration form. We were nervous and frustrated and had to dine in a fast food place since the restaurant already closed. The matter was settled only the following day, when Choice hotels customer service called me, admitted their mistake, reset the rates and said they'll even discount one of the nights to compensate me. It was unbelievable that when we finally checked out, that additional discount was forgotten! (we did not bother to fix that)

The hotel management claimed it was all Choice Hotel's fault. I thought that the guy at the reception should have honored our letter, check us in and then sort this out instead of offering us to look elsewhere.

Last - the hotel and room was very nice. Too bad it was overshadowed by the Check in experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stayed here for a week. It was a wonderful stay, good continental breakfast, clean rooms, and it stays less then a square from Times Square, you can go to many attractions by foot (Central Park, Macys, Rockfeller Center, St. Patrick Cathedral, 5th Av, Park Ave., Apple, Broadway, HB...), but if you preffer there are subway and bus station nearby. We'll certantly be staying here whenever we visit the city.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Upon arrival at Noon our room was already ready. The hotel was small and the room was tiny but I expected that. For the price the location couldn't be beat. The room and hotel were very clean. Parking was in a garage diagonally across the street and when stamped by the Comfort Inn cost only $23 for 24 hours. I'd highly recommend this hotel. Also, I'm very noise conscious and I found the hotel to be very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank callahanjen
Reviewed 5 August 2009

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn on 46th. It is very close to time square and many broadway shows and many restaurants. The location is great. The rooms were small but very clean. The breakfast was an added plus.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank hrrpeden
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Room is very good. Great location, half block to main Times Square. Easy access to subway. simple breakfast (1 fruit, cereal, milk, yogurt, bread. that's it)

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo