If I could describe this hotel in one word, it would be quaint. I recently came back from a very pleasant 3 night stay. I actually booked this hotel months ago, cancelled when I found a better rate, then re-booked it when their rate became the best one. I got an excellent AAA rate booked through the hotel's website.
I arrived early, and my room wasn't ready, he told me to check back at 12 and it would be ready, even though check in time wasn't until 3. He let me store my bags and use the business center as there was something I really needed to check. The breakfast room is open from 7:30-10:30, it was open when I arrived, but I didn't use it until the following morning. I didn't come back until later on in the afternoon, when I was checked in and given room 809, 1 queen bed as I was traveling by myself. The room was small, but quaint and charming. It was clean, and quiet, as it was on the backside of the building, my view was a wall and windows on another building. It suited all my needs just fine. Nice flat screen TV, comfortable bed, desk, decent size bathroom and closet. I had no complaints, it was perfect for me. The free wireless internet was a great amenity, and worked perfectly, I never lost the signal once. My only complaint about the room was the wake up call line always seemed to be busy, so I had to use the alarm to wake up, not a big deal though. It was a really nice alarm clock with an Ipod docking station.
The hotel is small not just in rooms, but in size overall. The hallways are narrow and there's only one elevator (which I had no problems with). The front desk staff were all nice and helpful. The breakfast room, it didn't have many tables, but had a good selection of food, like cereal, yogurt, donuts, waffles, bagels, toast, coffee, juice, milk, and fruit. I always took my food back up to my room to eat, I also saw some people eating there's in the lobby. The business center has two computers and is open 24 hrs, as is the fitness center, but I didn't use that. There's two vending machines in the lobby, and the ice machine is in the basement, which is kind of creepy if your down there by yourself! There was a check in/out and flight check in self service kiosk in the lobby, I tried to get my boarding pass on it and it didn't work, but maybe it was just my airline, I don't know. I went into the business center and printed it off for no charge.
The hotel's location is perfect, Times Square is only a minute's walk to the right, and the subway is a few minutes away. There always seemed to be cabs available out front, and there's restauraunts nearby. It's also a close walk/subway ride away to all attractions.
I am glad I changed my reservation back to this hotel, as I had no regrets. I will definitely stay here again, I actually may change my reservation here for my next NYC trip in October. The price was great, but if you use the AAA rate, you do have to show your card at check in for them to give you the rate, there's a sign at th desk noting this, same for AARP rates I noticed. I'll definitely be back, and would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Broadway at Times Square Hotel offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, flat screen TVs, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Superbreak UK, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Broadway at Times Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Midtown Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Times Square
- New York City Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Midtown New York