“Another great visit”

Broadway at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #186 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I stayed here in November 2009, had a wonderful experience and wrote about it here. My return trip in January was no different. Friendly faces all around -- the front desk sees thousands of guests, but they remembered me. Gave me the room I asked for. The 12" of snow didn't damped anyone's spirits there and the front steps were always clear. I was impressed that the gentleman making repairs to a toilet struck up a conversation with me in the elevator as did another gentleman who was on the housecleaning staff. The bellman always had a smile and welcoming word.

As I was heading out at 9 am on the day of the snowstorm, an obviously weary traveler covered in snow was standing at the front desk thanking them for allowing him to check in early. Just another example of their flexibility and service offered genuinely with rooms at a reasonable price in a marvelous location.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Samcat1
There are newer reviews for Broadway at Times Square Hotel

Reviewed 18 February 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn between Feb 5 and 11. Room 301 - a room with a view!! I second every word that Clark67 has said below.

This was my second stay at the hotel, the previous had been exactly two years ago. This time it was even better. I booked directly via the Apple Core hotels website and got a great deal of $110 per night befor taxes. I chose a Queen Room for single occupancy. Room 301 actually offered a view of West 46th St and I was overlooking the entrance for the Muse Hotel.

On the first morning I reported a draught and this was dealt with quickly and efficiently. For me these rooms are not too hot, but then I hate to be cold.

Although I did not have a problem with getting a table at breakfast I am an early riser, what I did see was several people, sole travellers like myself, offer up seats at their table or offer for people to move chairs. I also saw people taking food upstairs. OK maybe it's not the place for a lingering breakfast but then thats not what I'm there for.

I can also understand why people complain about the size of the room, perhaps it would be a little tight for a couple not used to being together 24/7 but I have stayed in much smaller rooms in NYC.

Due to the fact that a school group from France were staying there the business centre with 24 hour access to the internet via 2 PC was sometimes busy but then hey it's free. Go back later. There was always paper available in the printer for printing out maps and directions.

Housekeeping staff were always very friendly and when I made the strange request for some plastic bags to put inside my boots to keep my feet dry in the blizzard they said what a great idea and gave me plenty of bags.

Basically this is a no frills, I've got better things to spend my money on than the decor and fine dining hotel that would suit a savvy shopaholic who enjoys seeing as many Broadway shows as possible when in NYC travelling on their own.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Bebe1966
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Tripadvisor reviews may sometimes lead you to mistakes commonly made by travelers who organize their trips in a hurry - or in extremely good fait,or in the easiest way. That's the case, in my opinion, of the so may good reviews on this hotel you may find here.
New York is a wonderful city, but many attractions/hotels/restaurants are overrated, such as the Comfort Inn Midtown.
In the case of this hotel, I don't know what pleases people so much. It's a basic, tight, claustrophobic lodging, with nice (not more than that) staff (even if you consider you're in NYC).
Breakfast is ridiculously simple, in a (again) tight, claustrophobic room.
The good thing is the location, if you want to be near Times Square. If not, just pass.
The price is too expensive, even for NYC patterns, mainly if you consider other options in town.
Although it was not my hotel experience, I wouldn't come back and wouldn't recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank OlimpicCarioca
Reviewed 9 February 2010

Wonderful place for me to stay alone. Loved the size and location. Front desk staff and breakfast room staff very helpful and accommodating. I would call this "high end no-frills" and just right for this trip. Felt very safe and liked proximity to theatres, restaurants, public transportation. Rooms small, very clean and HOT! Tiny but accessible business center. Only cardio in fitness room.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank clark67
Reviewed 31 January 2010

My husband and I had a few days off before Xmas and decided to go to NYC for 2 days. We chose the Comfort Inn Midtown because we had stayed there in 1996 and had found it very convenient although a bit cramped. We arrived at the hotel about 9:30 AM after riding the Chinatown bus up from Richmond, VA - I could write a book on that experience - with the hope that we could leave our bags there until we could check-in later that day. The first thing I noticed was that the lobby looked totally different from what I remembered. As Ivonne told us at check-in, the hotel had been remodeled twice since our last stay! She then told us that if we could wait about 30 minutes , she could have our room ready for us and to please help ourselves to the Continental breakfast!! By 10 AM we were checked into our room. Although there was no view, the room was large by New York standards, very clean and had a very European feel to it. We were able to catch a much needed nap and then headed out to see the sights. The hotel is within 3 blocks of Radio City, Rockefeller Center and Times Square and about 1 .5 blocks to the subway.
We had a wonderful time and want to extend special thanks to Ivonne, whose hospitality and professionalism made our stay exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CynthiaSRichmond_VA
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I have spent the last year working in new york city and have spent many nights in many different hotels. I had to spend two nights in New York this past week and after reading the reviews for the Comfort Inn Midtown, I booked a room. I spent one evening in this hotel and chose to spend my second evening at another. I found several dark hairs in the bed suggesting that the sheets had not been cleaned, then later found the same coloured hairs on the towels in the bathroom. The room did not appear to have been vacuumed or dusted at all. I phoned reception upon seeing the hairs and was offered a room change or to have my sheets changed. I opted for a sheet change so I could witness clean sheets being put on the bed and they sent someone up very quickly. However in the midst of making my bed the employee promptly left to attend to baggage downstairs in the lobby. Perhaps they were under staffed that evening, I don't know. Either way, I think that for $150 a night I am at least entitled to clean linens. The room was also very small (although which is not uncommon for New York) and the doors are paper thin. I could hear every person who walked by my room. If you're just looking for a place to rest your head for an evening or two, then it does the job, but I'd recommend you bring your own towel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank traveller0007Usa
Reviewed 30 January 2010

Pros: Front desk personnel very helpful, room very clean, bathroom clean, clean linens and towels. Very good price and location.
Cons: Room small, and over heated. NO VIEW of anything from most rooms. Breakfast room too small and overheated. Too much Styrofoam used for breakfast items.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends