“Nice hotel, good value and location”

Broadway at Times Square Hotel
Ranked #185 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Montreal
“Nice hotel, good value and location”
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Pros:
- location: less than a block from Times Square
- nice room and bathroom
- breakfast (rare in NYC hotels)
- free usage of computer which was nice since we did not bring our laptops
- great value

Cons:
- we experienced problems with the heating (which must be one of the only thing that was not renovated), however the staff was quick to provide a supplementary electric heater
- limited seating area for breakfast

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ml77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 13 March 2010

I have just returned from New York City. and had a wonderful stay at the Comfort Inn Midtown.Staff is very very friendly and helpful for everything you need.Location is wonderful.Rooms are a little bit small but who needs big rooms in NYC???The most important...clean, quite and comfortable.I really recommend!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank czilbo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2010

My partner his parents and myself stayed at the Comfort Inn Midtown from the 19th February - 26th February. Manager Rajni is very friendly and secured us some great rooms on the 9th floor which were most appreciated, also the front desk lady Ivonne was very welcoming.
The rooms are quite large for being in NYC. Really nice bathrooms. The room had everything you could need, Large LCD TV with plenty of channels, Safety Deposit Box, Desk & Chair, Two phones, Coffee & Tea maker, Ironing board, hairdryer, plenty of towels etc. The bed was so comfy and large, with nice fresh linens, the housekeeping do a very good job to keep the place clean as it was spotless.
The breakfast room was always fully stocked of cereal, bread, bagels, doughnuts,yogurts,fresh fruit, etc plenty to keep you going, the guys in there do a good job of keeping everything freshly stocked and cleaned.
The luggage room attendant was a genuinely friendly happy person, definately the type you trust to leave your bags with, I didnt catch his name but he was a tall african-american guy he is a credit to the hotel.
The only person who i never saw a smile from was a guy named Garry i'm not sure what his job role was he just stood there looking sad, maybe he had problems at the time to make him be like that but it was pretty noticeable he didnt enjoy his job.
The hotel's business centre was a great bonus, very handy being able to print off your boarding passes etc for free. Free WiFi was also appreciated and had full signal.
This hotel is good value, excellent location, great staff, and I would 100% stay here again and recommend to people. I'll upload photos shortly.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BkaC89
iowa
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We stayed here during the blizzard of 2010 and it was great. The rooms were small but clean and the location was excellent. We were one block from Time Square, 3 blocks to Radio City. We were able to walk to shows and resturants even though the rain/snows came down. The elevator is small and slow, but we were in leisure mode so it made little difference. On the seventh floor we had little street noise to bother us. We would stay again even though the room was small.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dwm2757
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 25 February 2010

This was my best NY stay, the hotel is very confortable, afordable and nearby everything. I stayed in a room with window but there was almost no noise during the night. Very good if you want to enjoy the city.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank zangrande
Saint Paul, MN
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I stayed here in November 2009, had a wonderful experience and wrote about it here. My return trip in January was no different. Friendly faces all around -- the front desk sees thousands of guests, but they remembered me. Gave me the room I asked for. The 12" of snow didn't damped anyone's spirits there and the front steps were always clear. I was impressed that the gentleman making repairs to a toilet struck up a conversation with me in the elevator as did another gentleman who was on the housecleaning staff. The bellman always had a smile and welcoming word.

As I was heading out at 9 am on the day of the snowstorm, an obviously weary traveler covered in snow was standing at the front desk thanking them for allowing him to check in early. Just another example of their flexibility and service offered genuinely with rooms at a reasonable price in a marvelous location.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Samcat1
Chester
Reviewed 18 February 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Inn between Feb 5 and 11. Room 301 - a room with a view!! I second every word that Clark67 has said below.

This was my second stay at the hotel, the previous had been exactly two years ago. This time it was even better. I booked directly via the Apple Core hotels website and got a great deal of $110 per night befor taxes. I chose a Queen Room for single occupancy. Room 301 actually offered a view of West 46th St and I was overlooking the entrance for the Muse Hotel.

On the first morning I reported a draught and this was dealt with quickly and efficiently. For me these rooms are not too hot, but then I hate to be cold.

Although I did not have a problem with getting a table at breakfast I am an early riser, what I did see was several people, sole travellers like myself, offer up seats at their table or offer for people to move chairs. I also saw people taking food upstairs. OK maybe it's not the place for a lingering breakfast but then thats not what I'm there for.

I can also understand why people complain about the size of the room, perhaps it would be a little tight for a couple not used to being together 24/7 but I have stayed in much smaller rooms in NYC.

Due to the fact that a school group from France were staying there the business centre with 24 hour access to the internet via 2 PC was sometimes busy but then hey it's free. Go back later. There was always paper available in the printer for printing out maps and directions.

Housekeeping staff were always very friendly and when I made the strange request for some plastic bags to put inside my boots to keep my feet dry in the blizzard they said what a great idea and gave me plenty of bags.

Basically this is a no frills, I've got better things to spend my money on than the decor and fine dining hotel that would suit a savvy shopaholic who enjoys seeing as many Broadway shows as possible when in NYC travelling on their own.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo