“Larchmont Hotel/”
Review of Larchmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Larchmont Hotel
Ranked #361 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Wonderful, inexpensive, place to stay when bed and breakfast is all you require. The staff is most helpful with ideas and directions and more. Breakfast is satisfactory. Many rooms use a shared restroom, but, I never saw anyone else when I was there. It is right near New York University with easy access to everything.

Room Tip: Elevator is available. I thought all rooms seemed equally as good, but not all have an in room toile...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mona6319

Reviewed 16 March 2014

A nice quiet hotel in Greenwich Village. I originally had one of the tiny single rooms but they are all at the front overlooking the street so I paid $109 for the next sized room overlooking the courtyard at the back.

Never saw anyone else use the shared bathrooms so no issues on that account.

Free use of computer and printer.

I would definitely recommend for budget travellers.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Larchmont is a fantastic little hotel/B&B & residence in Greenwich Village. The location is absolutely perfect. You can easily get to a number of eateries--from 24 hour French cafés to pizza by the slice. It is an easy walk to Christopher Street. Also, it is very quiet and safe. Getting to a subway is about a 3-4 block walk.

As I mentioned, people reside here. The residents coexist well with the hotel guests--in fact, the atmosphere is quite warm and homey. There are no en suite bathrooms, but I didn't find this to be too inconvenient. Also, the prices weren't raised for the holidays. (We stayed for a week from Christmas Day to NYE) You absolutely cannot beat the price--we paid about $120/night. Breakfast is served in the mornings--it's your typical continental fare. The only downside is that the walls are quite thin. Other than that, I loved the Larchmont! I will only stay here when I visit New York.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor, east wing in front of the hallway door entrance. The lovely little man w...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tamika C
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Larchmont in October and were very happy with the location, room and shared facilities. In particular the location of this B&B was excellent. We had a larger queen room, and although still on the small side was clean, tidy and perfect for our stay. Shared bathrooms were always clean, with no wait despite it being fully booked at the time of our visit. The entire building was very safe with keys for the lobby, foyer, keys to the wing and keys to the room. Breakfast is strictly for bread lovers, with tea, coffee and juice.

Essentially you feel part of the village, within walking distance of everything. Citi bikes located at the end of the street meant that we were able to cycle all over NY and get back to the hotel quickly. I would definitely go back to this hotel if we were in NYC, without kids.

Room Tip: The larger queen room at the back of the building is very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy S
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Larchmont Hotel was recommended to me by an older university colleague. Considering that it is virtually unheard of getting a room in New York for less than $100/ night, Larchmont joins the likes of Hotel 17 and the YMCA as a totally passable budget option in the Big Apple. Yes it's dated, yes the single rooms are tiny, yes the showers and toilets are shared, but all this is normal for New York in this price range. I was very happy for three days at Larchmont due to it's efficient house keeping, simple but clean facilities and it's great location, for exploring the West Village. I checked in after midnight and there was a chipper lady at the reception desk who had no complaints about my late arrival. They've put a bit more style and sophistication into their decor, which has a fin de sicle feel (which is a bonus in this bracket). Continental breakfast is toast and mini pastries and tea in a paper cup, but wouldn't you rather go out to breakfast anyway, maybe at Bubby's? I had a single room during the July 2013 heatwave and was happy with the fan and aircon in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Kristen N
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Had the most pleasant pre-holidays weekend at the Larchmont. Stayed in a standard room with a queen bed which was sufficient for my boyfriend & I. Three keys keep you triply safe. We were provided with robes and slippers, a wonderful touch. Service was always prompt and thorough. Breakfast is just enough to get your day started, I enjoyed the tea and chocolate croissants. The value truly cannot be beat for such a vibrant location just a short walk to Greenwich Village, Union Square, and Washington Square. Public transportation, 24/7 cafe (French Roast), and local grocers and pharmacies for all needs. Will definitely be back for any future NYC trips.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank angiebees
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have reviewed the Larchmont on several occasions and and this facility remains my top pick in NYC. The location is unbeatable. On a residential block in the Village, it is safe and easy walking distance to a number of subways. You need to open three separate locks to gain access to your room; one for the front, one for your hallway and one for your room. So the feeling of safety is omnipresent. The shower and toilet are down the hall but I have never had to stand in line. They are old but clean in fact some minor improvements since my last review. Rooms are small but as a previous reviewer said, why spend time in the room. If you have to however the TV works and the bed is very comfortable. The personnel were universally kind and polite. The only suggestion I would make to the management is to bring back some fresh fruit for the continental breakfast. They do have juice though. And endless coffee til 10AM. Take your own mug with you because if you are a world class coffee drinker, the Larchmont's cups are small. The newspaper is there in the breakfast room if you want to plan your day. Also, if you are not leaving right away, you can check out and they will store your luggage as you continue your time in NYC. Just come back later and pick up your bags. A great value. I will recommend and go there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo