“Missed the mark...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Vancouver, Canada
“Missed the mark...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

This is my second trip to the Mark this year. I returned because I like the location and the service was excellent during my first visit. The second visit was a little disappointing! We requested (and had confirmation for ) two single beds as I was traveling with my daughter. Initially we were placed in a king room and had to ask to be moved. I was expecting an important letter. No-one knew where it was and the sender assured me they had dropped it off! First night we had a turn-down service with chocolates on the pillow, after that no chocolates!
Small things that take a hotel from very good to excellent! In this case, it did not make the mark!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I absolutely loved staying at the mark, and decided it will be the only hotel i will stay when in Ny.
The hotels room are not very big, but very comfortable, service is good, quick and they are all very kind.
the place it self is gorgeous : the style, the decor, the atmosphere is very hip and even if is expensive the clients are all young.
the restaurant is one of my favourite in NY.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I have stayed at the mark twice and have love it! The service is outstanding and extremely accomidating. The breakfast in the resturant is well worth the stay. Everything is up to date with remote control ability of the shades and lights. There is even a built in tv in the mirror of the bathroom. It is a short walk to central and other places of interest.

• Stayed March 2011
      Location
      Rooms
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Potentially this could be the best hotel I've ever stayed in. It was perfect from the moment we arrived. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our room which was beautiful. We had had a complimentary upgrade and there was a bottle of champagne in our room as we were celebrating our anniversary.

The room was huge by NYC standards and on a lovely quiet block. The bathroom was gorgeous. The bar is a little small and it was hard to get seated when we visited on a Thursday evening but it's a great place for people watching and once seated it was very relaxing.

If you want a classy hotel where service cannot be faulted then go for the Mark. It was also great to stay on the Upper East Side as we did not know this part of the city well and we loved exploring. Very convenient for the Met and the park too.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

I just spent a weekend at the new Mark hotel. This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at. From the moment I arrived the staff was extremly friendly and professional. The room was wonderful. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had great water pressure. The bed was extremly comfortable. I also visiting the bar that is off the lobby. I highly recommend the pineapple mojitos! Overall it was a great experience. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My stay at The Mark was superb, I almost do not want to share my experience because I don't want to miss out on my next trip! I was staying by myself and was thoroughly looked after for my stay. I loved the 24 hour checkin, the rooms and service could not be faulted and I loved it. Thank you so very much for such a wonderful stay and for looking after me so well.

Room Tip: Answer the questionnaire!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I have stayed in New York several times. This trip was by far my favorite, and this hotel was the reason!
The location is perfect, one block to central park, museums, shopping and great eateries within walking distance.
I like to stay at well known hotels like the Plaza or the Waldorf, but save your money and stay here, it is so reasonably priced for the location and the accommodations.

As for the rooms and ambiance, don't laugh, but I swear there must be a VP of SHINE and POLISH! Everything is so shiny, clean, and well kept, lobby hallways, and rooms, but you never see anyone doing all that cleaning! The high tech room took some figuring out even after the bellman gave us a very thorough walk through..but once we did, there is thing nicer than lowering the shades or turning off the hall light...FROM your BED!

And service was excellent...I never saw anything like the previous post on the doormen or reception, every doorman was solicitous and had to run to Madison ave to get us cabs...and the reception, concierge and room service staff, maids, etc, I have only the highest praise for, hence why I am writing such a long, detailed post. This hotel is FABULOUS and I would have aid more for such service and accommodations. You will see us again!

• Stayed June 2011