The Mark
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$190
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsupper east sidemadison avenuejean georgescentral parknew yorkmetropolitan museum of artdouble sinkstv in the mirrorhouse carsoaking tubroom serviceluxurious hotelhome from hometurn down servicefour seasonsrooms are beautifulmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Absolutely LOVED this hotel. I will return again and again. Everything was perfect . I especially loved the adorable bar and the great staff! I have stayed in a lot of nice places, and this was one of the best!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank tuteandtoy
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We visited NYC for 6days and stayed at The Mark Hotel. It was fabulous and we will return in a heartbeat! We loved the location between Central park, 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue, felt as if we part of the neighbourhood already! The hotel is so gorgeous - newly renovated, modern, contemporary, eclectic boutique hotel feel. We had a Courtyard King room and loved the size, the decor, the gorgeous bathroom, the mini bar and cool electronics! One thing that we did miss was a coffee maker for enjoying early morning coffee in bed,but luckily room service was very fast. The hotel staff and concierge was very helpful and the little lounge / bar very cool. We could not get a dinner reservation at The Restaurant any of the nights, so I cannot comment on it,but the fact that it was so full must mean it is divine. Yes, the hotel is quite a distance from the midtown hype, but we preferred it that way and loved the walk down there everyday alongside Central park. We had a few breakfasts and lunches at cafe's in the area around the hotel and all were fantastic. We give 5 stars to The Mark and the Upper East Side and will return for sure!

1  Thank lovetravelling77
Reviewed 1 August 2010

This is in my opinion the best hotel of New York. Everything is just perfect. Service, interior, rooms, bar. We loved it all.

The check in was very efficient. We arrived early, however we could not have an early check in. Several apologies from the reception that our room was not ready yet. We checked in and stored our luggage. One hour later the room was ready so we came back to the hotel. We were escorted by a lady called Helen to our room. She explained the remote control that can be used for everything (airco, curtains, light and TV). The mini bar looks fabulous, you even have your own ice in the mini bar.

We had a Madison room. The room overlooked the street and we could not hear any noise. The room is big, the bed is very comfortable and is huge. The bathroom is stunning. A bath and a separate shower. In the mirror is an extra TV so you can watch TV the entire time and everywhere in your room.
The beige carpet is spotless. This is one of the cleanest rooms I ever saw. There are a lot of closets where you can store your luggage.

The turndown service is early. The lady came round 5 PM to our room for turndown service. We asked her to come back at 8PM so she did.

The concierge is very helpful and found a great restaurant for us. She made a reservation and gave very good directions how to get there.

The bar is beautiful. It is packed on a Thursday and Friday night. A lot of locals come here for a drink. Service is excellent.

One thing we did not really appreciate was the fruit plate we ordered at breakfast. It had strawberries on the plate that were brown and rotten. This is not something you serve and to charge US$ 18 for fruit that does not look good is much! We said this to the waiter, he did not apologize, took the plate and brought another plate couple of minutes later without apology. Another waiter came directly to our table and apologized for the inconvenience.

The hotel has free wireless internet that is very fast!

We definitely will come back in this beautiful hotel.

1  Thank Dutchguy71
Reviewed 20 July 2010

It is hard to find a hotel in NYC that has it all. The Mark had spacious rooms, wonderful service, good location, and an excellent bar/restaurant. We have always liked The Carlyle, but we have found a new favorite. 5 stars!

1  Thank hill0506
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I was seriously bummed out when all our usual corporate hotels were completely sold out and my corporate travel agent put me at The Mark. I'm always a bit fearful when I stay somewhere new, especially in NYC where I've had some horror experiences. But the Mark was a complete stroke of luck for me! It was exquisite in every respect. I think the bed was possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the bathroom was probably the nicest bathroom I have ever seen. The room itself was very comfortable and very modern and I liked all the amenities (state of the art electronics surrounded me and they weren't impossible to figure out how to use). I didn't rely much on the staff but my interactions were all positive. One of the nicest features was that it was a small gorgeous, quiet hotel in a great neighborhood. If you don't mind spending the money to stay here and want to be on the Upper East Side, I seriously recommend you give it a shot! It's hard for me to imagine anyone will be unhappy here.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business