“big, bright stylish room, great food”
Review of The Mercer Hotel

The Mercer Hotel
Ranked #362 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Excellent location for shopping, eating, or visiting your college kid. There's no fitness center, but they set us up at a nearby gym. Excellent breakfast, yummy food at the Mercer Kitchen. And what a nice big room, light and bright--a welcome surprise in Manhattan. The lobby/bar is great for people-watching. You might see a famous fashion designer or author sipping a dark 'n' stormy over the latest gossip....

Room Tip: Ask for gym privileges.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 March 2013

We often go for a few days to New York and stayed this time in The Mercer. The location is the best we have had, but the rooms are quite expensive. Service great, Mercer Kitchen great, so despite the rather expensive price tag a place to return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian K
MercerHotelNYC, General Manager at The Mercer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting your comments further to your stay with us. I am delighted you found the hotel and staff to be accomodating and that you also have had the pleasure to enjoy our restaurant Mercer Kitchen.
I will share your remarks with the staff, it is indeed very rewarding for them to know their afforts are appreciated.
looking forward to welcoming you again at the Mercer in the near future

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I followed my own advice and booked another stay at the Mercer. This time I stayed for five days instead of just one, and I must say that the Mercer grew on me day by day.

After some time I got to know the people working there, and I liked them better and better day by day. The hotel itself also got better too. The ambience, the food, the bed, the location; everything developed in my kind of way.
It is still very expensive and the breakfast will ruin you if you do not think it is ok to pay 90 dollars for two servings.
However; if you can afford it, I would go for the Mercer. You will be treated like a friend of the family as the days pass by.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting such a comment further to your stay with us in March 2013. I am delighted that your experienced with us has become better and better day after day.
It is so rewarding for the staff to know that their efforts are valued and appreciated by our guests.
I hope to welcome you to the Mercer in the near fiuture

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed at Hotel (The Mercer) for 4 nights between Christmas and New year's Eve this past December and LOVED it. We had a courtyard room this trip after previously enjoying the somewhat larger Mercer room on a previous stay. The bed and pillows are wonderfully comfortable and we always get great night's sleep in rooms that are surprisingly quiet. The location simply cannot be beat if you are looking to be out of Midtown. A number of subway lines are a mere block or two away providing easy access to other parts of Manhattan. On our last day there, Mercer was blocked off at Houston and so the door/bellman took our luggage all the way up Mercer to meet our car which was waiting at the intersection of Mercer and Houston--OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank uncsig
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I’m a big fan of Andre Balazs’ hotels. Always hits the mark. The Mercer is my favourite hotel in New York. It’s an ideal location and the place is friendly, unpretentious, superbly run and the general vibe is just great. The loftstyle rooms are large, comfortable and beautifully designed. I never want to leave when I’m staying here. Next time I’ll take my handcuffs along.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank montheroad

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your stay in February 2012. I am delighted that you found the hotel and the staff to be accomodating.
I look forward to welcoming you soon again at the Mercer.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

We didn't stay at The Mercer but went there for breakfast on our first morning and we loved it - the eggs benedict was just wonderful. Service was excellent and was the perfect start to our break in wonderful New York.

if you want to start off the day with a perfect breakfast - head to The Mercer you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JonBol
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Because of different previous reviews, we arrived at the Hotel with high expectations. Unfortunatly those were not nearly satisfied. The staff is unfriendly and arrogant and not welcoming at all. The room is avarage, especially regarding the price you pay for it. "Minimal" seems here more like "no feeling for any personal details" and a burning candle also doesn't help the poor atmosphere. We even checked out earlier, as we were so disappointed. Nonetheless, the staff didn't even care or asked how we liked our stay or why we left sooner. Overall, the huge hype around the Mercer is misleading and you can get much nicer Hotels for that price, also in Soho...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple