The Mercer Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$191
US$139
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$147
US$116
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$298
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssoho locationprince streetcashmere throwgreat people watchingceiling fannew yorkfashion weekfour seasonsexcellent breakfastbath productsmini barsuperb locationroom service islobby areahome away from homerooms are nicedeluxe room
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed four nights at The Mercer and all I can say is "waooo"! rooms are pretty simple but decoration is perfect...you feel like home! Attention to detail is made for everything! Staff is definitely helpful and you may also have the chance to cross a few celibrities at the Lobby.
Location is a big plus as you are at the Heart of Soho! Can only recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Djaxou
MercerHotelNYC, General Manager at The Mercer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Dear Djaxou,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel and staff to be accomodating and fit your needs. Lovely to make note that you felt at home during your stay.

Hopefully it will not be too long before we are able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I really dislike this hotel, and I can't possibly understand the hype.
It's very industrial, very cold feeling, and very snooty. The staff (bar one lovely doorman) are indifferent and aloof.
Worst of all the food is dreadful, and the room service even worse. I had to send back a whiskey sour 3 times.
Wouldn't stay here out of choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank SamiKnight
MercerHotelNYC, General Manager at The Mercer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay. I am very sorry you found the staf aloof as we really focus in providing an utmost service to all our customers.
Our restaurant is under the guidance of Jean-George Vongerichten and I have already relayed your comment to his managers.
I would love to have you back to the Mercer in the future to give you the opportunity to enjoy a great experience with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

the mercer is a wonderful treat located right in the middle of soho. service is impeccable; the concierge will do anything to make your life easier. we just brought my daughter back for her second year at NYU and had 16 boxes delievered to the hotel prior to our arrival-they were gracious about it, helped us load up a zip car and take them all to her dorm. food is excellent and the room service staff super accomodating. rooms have high ceilings and all-white decor; they're simple but spacious and comfortable. we ask for the -07 rooms, which are corners and quite large and bright, overlooking the intersection of mercer and prince streets.
i'd give the mercer 5 stars, but it's very expensive, and some of the rooms are dark-i suggest asking to see a couple of different orientations in order to find what you're looking for. notably, the hotel doesn't have a gym-they treat you to entrance at 24-hour fitness just up the street, which is fine and easy-but there's nothing in the building.

Room Tip: if you want a street view, chose an -07 room on the front (SE) corner of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear customer,

Thank you so much for your comments. We are delighted to know that you found the hotel and staff to be accomodating. Your generous remarks will certainly be shared with the team. It is very rewarding for them to learn how much their efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Mercer is really a rare breed of no-frills luxury that is harder to find these days. The hotel itself feels like much more of a destination or an exclusive club rather than an actual hotel from. Everyone seems to look at everyone. Even the reception looks you up and down deciding if they actually want to bestow you with the good service The Mercer is so well known for. I've stayed 3 times and continue to be amazed by all the small touches. The sheets, the double glazed windows, the toiletries from Face Stockholm. I have to say though that noise has always been a big problem with me at The Mercer and it does hit you from many fronts within the hotel, particularly from movement along the corridor, from the sound that carries through the wooden floor planes and worst of all - from the paper thin walls. Service wise - it was fine. Felt very business hotel. No memory of room preferences. No "Welcome Back", and for the price you pay to stay here, the absence of a pool or onsite gym, and the noise - is unacceptable.

Room Tip: Ask to stay AWAY form the elevators
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank the_small_things

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am sorry you had the feeling that we do not keep records of our guest preferences since we hold a daily meeting to go through all our guest's arrivals in order to provide them with their favorite amenities and room allocation.
You remarks will be taken in consideration and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Mercer for a more enjoyable experience.

Best personal regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The Mercer hotel has in a way underscored my expectations. The main problem was the room.

I was upgraded to the Deluxe studio, because it was promised by the website through which I had booked the hotel. Initially the hotel receptionist would not give an upgrade and only after mentioning the booking conditions and another receptionist checking them, we had to wait another hour to be able to check-in.

The Deluxe Studio was spacious but completely in-aspirational. I am a big fan of minimalism, bit this room reminded me of a hospital ward. All in cream-white and the view to the cream-white building. Really boring, without any accentuating elements. After a long trip and the July exhausting heat of NYC, I decided not to ask for a different room, since I thought all of them would be like that. However on the day of check-out, i have seen the other rooms, as when cleaned all the doors where opened. Some rooms had exposed brick walls, and it definitely made a difference. Huge difference.

In general the room was very functionable, the noise isolation from the street brilliant, due to double-glazed windows.

The only dysfunctional thing about the room was the absence of any decent level of hot water in the basin, however this was not the case in the shower, and I had too little time in NYC to take care about room fixtures. The housekeeping when cleaning the rooms should report the problems not me, I believe.

As for the hotel personnel, the guys serving at the Mercer Kitchen were very professional at breakfast. However with the receptionists it was hit or miss with their attitude. There are two on duty, and one would play a good guy, another one a snobbish guy.

The location of hotel is good for shopping, but thats it. It is really noisy outside.

So all in all it was a nice stay, but I will not be back.

Room Tip: go for the rooms with the brick walls
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AdventurerHamburg
MercerHotelNYC, General Manager at The Mercer Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear AdventurerHamburg,

It upsets us to hear that your experience at the Mercer was not up to your expectations during your recent stay with us. If you do decide to stay with us again, please let us know of your room preference when booking and we will certainly try our hardest to get you in a room that meets your needs.

We pride ourselves on having qualified and personable receptionists working at all times. I am sorry that you did not experienced this while staying here. We however appreciate your input and will address this with our front office team.

Should you like to return to us, please feel free to reach out to me personally and I will assure you have a fantastic stay.