“Superb location and atmospere!”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #89 of 468 Hotels in New York City
South Wales
“Superb location and atmospere!”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stayed in the Warwick for 2 nights at the end of our holiday. The hotel is located a minutes walk from 5th Avenue and close to Times Sq (5 mins walk), Central Park (2-3mins) and the Rockefeller Centre.
The hotel is elegant and harks back to the Cary Grant era (he was a resident for 17 years!). Many celebrities have stayed here including Elvis and the Beatles so you can expect a quality stay.
I'd read reviews that the rooms were small but this was far from the case. The room was spacious and very well equipped with a lounge area. The bed was (according to my wife) the most comfortable bed she's ever slept in.
There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel if you dont want to venture far.
The breakfast isnt included but, if you want to eat in the hotel is not cheap. However, you're in New York and there's plenty of choice!
This is a well appointed, superbly located hotel which makes you feel just a little bit posh!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (819)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Clean, spacious, comfortable, quiet. Great ambience and service. Walk to Broadway theaters, Central Park, Rockefeller, shopping, etc.
Requested upper view room to not face inside brick wall and street noise.
Got best rate a week ahead on hotel's own website. Definitely recommend and would stay there again! Thank you Warwick!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My friend and I wanted to have a luxury NY trip and looked at the Waldorf before we found this hotel. We stayed in a 2x double bed room on the third floor, with walk in closet, tv, marble bathroom and did I mention the 2 double beds?! It was excellent, you couldnt hear other guests noise (although a little st traffic, nothing major though), cleaned every day, so close to central park and other great sights. Close to metro line 57f, there is a great shop on about 58/6th which sells dinner and snacks. Beds so very comfy, shower high powered, staff nice and door man got us a taxi for our plane ($50 flat rate). Would definately stay again!
One point to be aware of, you need a card with $100 free on it for check in, which they will refund you if you dnt have films room service etc.

• Stayed April 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The Warwick has its good points and bad. One the good side our double room was pretty big by New York standards, the beds and bedding were nice, our non-street-facing room was quiet (no honking or siren noise), good location at 54th and 6th Ave. On the not-so-good side was the small bathroom with a cracked sink, shower pressure so low that I ended up washing my hair in the sink, walls and doors that were badly in need of paint, no easily accessible electrical outlets and a small safe just barely large enough for a 14 inch laptop. Also, while the hotel does offer a mini-bar, there is no room to put your own food or drink They tell you that they'll charge you $50 if you remove the mini-bar contents and store your own stuff. They should just put an empty fridge in each room. There are plenty of near by places to buy your own drinks and snacks. Overall, for the price it was fine but don't expect luxury or a boutique feel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Julie C
65W54, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
We value your feedback and have corresponded with your privately as well. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will do our best to set things right in your room. Thank you for noting our spacious and quite rear facing rooms. With an the sights and things to do in NYC few guests stay in their rooms all day and these are perfect for a good nights sleep. thanks for sharing a well kept secret!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2011

It's no wonder Carey Grant made this his home for 11 years. My most recent trip was my 5th time to the hotel this year. The warm welcome starts with the charming doorman who remembered my name after only 1 introduction and makes a point of saying hello to me anywhere he sees me (even if I'm just walking by the hotel from my office!) The front desk crew is lovely, and the small lobby is elegantly decorated and charming. The rooms are conservative but lovely with luxuriously comfortable bedding. They have *always* been gracious and done their best to put me in the best room available. As with any hotel, calling ahead for special requests makes it easier for them to accommodate you. The room service and restaurant is FANTASTIC--- I'm a New Yorker and the pizza measures up to those of Brooklyn pizza parlors. Two points of advice: be sure to ask for a room with decent sized bathroom (there are some that are prohibitively small) and plan your entrance/exit ahead of time as the elevators can take a little while--especially at check-in rush hour. All in all, a lovely hotel that I truly consider a home away from home. I am planning my return there as I write this!

Room Tip: As for a full-sized bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2011

OK so it was only for one night which is why they probably upgraded us to a suite that was "AMAZING", but even on an ordinary day the Warick is in a great location and a very nice hotel. Service was excellent, easy walk to theatre district. Was in town with my BFF for a taping of the David Letterman show. I think NYC hotels are outrageously priced but everything was booked (even my usual back-up). Another hotel recommended the Warick and we were not disappointed. While we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant it looked quite nice. Did have room service breakfast. Pricey but OK. It was nice to have a hotel with a doorman with a great attitude. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check in early ...there was a wait after us ...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Thanks! You made our day!
It's great when another hotel recommends us and that your experience during your stay with us will bring you back!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I've just returned from another excellent stay at the Warwick Hotel in New York... as usual I found the service to be friendly and welcoming and the environment to be understated elegance... just very comfortable... and sufficiently intimate to make me feel at home whenever I am there.

I took a walk through some of the other neighborhoods where some of the more pricey hotels are and I must say that I much prefer the location of the Warwick at 54th and 6th... convenient, clean, pleasant and close to Central Park.

One issue that I've seen mentioned other times is the tendency of staff to just knock on the door and come into the room without waiting... not sure why they do that, but it really is somewhat annoying. This never happened once on my Christmas stay but happened three times on this stay... not sure if it is because I had friends over or I looked old and on my last legs or what it was... :-)

I will say though that this does not detract from my appreciation of the hotel or its service... which are both tops in my books...

Mind you there are at least three mechanisms for making sure that doesn't happen.... use the swing lock, and/or the bolt lock and/or the little notice saying 'Please do not Disturb'....

Of course I will stay there again whenever I am in New York....but will remember the "I'm here and I'm safe and I don't need anything please don't bug me' routine of using one of the features mentioned in the previous paragraph.. :-) Just a gentle jibe folks...

One of the interesting things I've found about the Warwick is that they do provide solid courtesy and a sincere attempt to assist when things don't go quite as planned, unlike some other pricey hotels in New York that I won't mention.

So anyway, what I'm trying to sayin this long review is....stay at the Warwick... it's well worth the price and will make you feel very much at home in an extremely busy city....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo