“Enjoyed our stay at the Warwick”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #106 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Our room was very nice and the king-size bed was truly comfortable. The staff was courteous and professional and we had no problems checking in or out. The location was perfect for what we wanted to see and do. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
GPaul L, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear bob l,

We are happy that you like our guest room, location and you are satisfied with our serivce. Look forward to see you again at the Warwick!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I have had many good experiences at this hotel, but this stay was incredible!! The difference was the service and personable attention given by your employee Ms Joanna at front desk. She gave 110% making sure our stay was great. Will always return as long as Joanna is there. She is an asset to your hotel. Thank you Joanna!!! Great Hotel!!

Room Tip: Have Joanna at front desk assist you!!

Dear kathy n,

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us! We are very happy that Joanna has exceeded your expectation and made your stay an enjoyable one. We have duly relayed your encouraging words to her and her direct supervisor. You have made our day! See you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in one of the new premier suites and the facilities are mostly great, some higher up ones have a view of New York. Their service attitude is surprisingly poor. We wanted to ask a few questions before we reserved and their email responses took on average 2-3 days! After checking-in we had to ask for bath robes and a coffee machine - nothing seemed to be in the room as one would expect. One amazing situation was that the shaving mirror in our newly-decorated bathroom was mounted in such a way that it was impossible to look into it and shave. I tried three times to get the hotel staff to take notice of this, without any success. On the second day I asked top speak to the duty manager about this - still no one came back to me! This is something that could be fixed with a 25 dollar addition to the arm of the mirror, but by not accepting any input they are ensuring that this customer will make sure not to stay in suite 1607 again!

Room Tip: Go for one of the newly decorated premier rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

The location is fabulous...but the hotel is outdated and I would certainly not call The Warwick a 'luxury' hotel. Our room was very small (every time I got out of bed I found myself in a chair) and our windows looked out onto a brick wall. Everything standard in other hotels was available as an extra...which maybe was a good thing as there was no room for even a kettle. Our last NYC stay was at the Battery Park Ritz but we decided to try 'uptown'. I think we'll do the Ritz again and get a Metrocard.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank rem58
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We have chosen this hotel due to it's central location close to Central Park. The rooms were booked and 100 percent prepaid in advance. We have also asked them to pick us up from the JFK. The problems started with the pick up: our flight from Vegas was delayed for cancelled so I sent to the customer's relations manager a message that we would be 12 hours late and that we woukd take another flight. He has immediately confirmed that and promised to send a driver later. Nevertheless there was nobody at the airport and we were obliged to take a taxi. When we finally came to Warwick that manager has told us that he had received my message about the delay only in the morning and had no chance to send the driver. Besides, they told us that there were no rooms available as we hadn't informed them about our late arrival. The argument that I had informed the customer's relations wasn't accepted as "it is a separate department!!!" it was really funny to hear as they stay next to each other. Finally they gave us one temporary room for 2 couples with the promise to arrange the rooms till the evening. Our friends have got their room quick enough but it was probably the poorest in the hotel with the windows facing the walls. We have got ours later in the evening and it was really according to out request. That was the ONLY positive moment of all our staying at that hotel. Another problem arised later when they informed us that our friends had made a reservation one day earlier so they would live the hotel also one day earlier. All my arguments that it was absolutely impossible as we were a group and had made the reservations together were not accepted. Only when I found the file with correspondence they accepted it and even apologized. Nevertheless, one day before the departure our friends were told to leave the hotel. Again I spent an hour trying to prove that it was their mistake. Again they looked at the correspondence and apologized. But it was not the end of the story! When we were to leave the hotel they charged our friends one additional night. That time all my arguments were not accepted and they reccomended me to discuss it later by correspondence when I am back home.
I do understand that it is New York and the occupancy rate is very high. Nevertheless, it was my first experience of that kind in the US: very unfriendly staff.
There is Hilton next to Warwick and it was my great mistake to choose that hotel. What I am rally sure about is that I will never come back to Warwick and it is the first time I can say that I would never reccomended this hotel to anybody.

Stayed: May 2012
11  Thank KirillIvanov
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed 3 nights whilst on business. Comfortable and quiet room 518 with a small bathroom but better than average shower. No tea or coffee making facilities or complimentary touches so not up to the standard of Setai on 5th where I stayed last time. Location is fine and only about 15 mins walk to Time Sq and close to all the shops on 5th Ave. Bar is small but friendly with decent choice of beers and bar food until midnight.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This was our first stay in New York. We were celebrating my wife's birthday.We stayed at Warwick Hotel for four nights 17th/20th April 2012 in one of their premier rooms which was elegant, clean and had a good sized king bed. The whole hotel reflected this elegance.The staff were always pleasant, kind and helpful. We looked forward to the buffet breakfast in Murals 54 restaurant which included waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, cakes muffins as well as a good selection of cooked bacon, sausages, eggs, tomatoes and toast. All washed down with plenty of freshly squeezed orange and coffee enough to set you up for the day.At $27 we thought this was particularily good value.The hotel is situated between 5th and 6th Avenue and is ideally located for walking to the majority of New York's famous sights including Central Park which is only about five minutes walk.

2  Thank anthony d