“good hotel in excellent location”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“good hotel in excellent location”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Well situated hotel next to the MOMA and central park with comfortable rooms with reasonable prices. One should ask for a corner room with view (and not a dark room with view on the wall of the neighbor building).

Room Tip: Choose heigher floors and corner rooms. All a/c are very noisy
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank brigittem_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
milano
Reviewed 11 June 2012

anytime we are in ny. Sooooooo nice, great rooms and seldom i get even a terrace! Nice staff, esp nr mooney and the guys at the reception. Food is good -not so easy in ny- and breakfast is amazing at murals 54.
Location? Perfect.
I will always go there.

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We visited New York for the first time and stayed in the Warwick Hotel. Brilliant location - our room wasn't quite ready - but as we were upgraded we were quite happy to wait and get some lunch for the half hour wait.
We were there to get married and the staff could not be more helpful. They arranged for our wedding meal and had a sneaky word with the waiter at the restaurant - we got a special treat!
Special thanks should go to Mooney, who had some kind encouraging words to settle our nerves on the day and Jesus who had great suggestions for days out and restaurants.
The hotel itself - was very clean, the beds very comfy, and I love the decor especially around the elevators - very 1920's. Would recommend and stay again. Would stay away from the breakfast though - lovely, but better value in nearby restaurants and diners - go for a walk and you'll discover all kinds of delights.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom

Positives:
This is a decent hotel and a great location, however I'd imagine it would be very expensive to stay, I was on business so I didn't see the bill. It's not a very modern hotel and doesn't have much character but I think you pay for location more than anything in NYC and you can't fault that.

Very good service from the front desk, I forgot my razor, toothbrush etc and asked where the nearest shop was and he said for me to go to my room and he'd get someone to bring everything up to me - I didn't expect that from this hotel.

Negatives:

Not a good place for one-to-one meetings, I asked to sit in the bar before it opened and they refused, I said we wouldn't have a drink then and they refused, insurance purposes or something which really annoyed me.

It was clean, the bathroom was a bit dated, toilet in a strange location which you only find out when you sit down - so you wont be relaxing there for 10 mins :-)

They conned me on the Wi-Fi took an extra day without asking me, I argued with them, however as work was paying and I was late for my train I let it go, but they were in the wrong and if I wasn't in a rush I would have 100% refused to settle it.

If I was on business there again I wouldn't stay there, when I go back for a few days next year I certainly wouldn't pay those prices for what you get.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Location is walkable to Central Park and Theater District. Extremely clean room and nice decor. We had a double that was spacious for NY. Comfy beds. Excellent water pressure. Elevators are claustrophobic and lobby always seemed to be a bit chaotic. Be clear on how to log in to internet - we were charged after being told it was complimentary, but they did take it off the bill. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

Rooms are slightly outdated (we were in the older unrenovated section), but the hotel atmosphere and the location are fantastic. Will definitely stay here again. (But I'd skip the brunch buffet....way better places for less close by).

• Stayed May 2012