“1st trip to NYC”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #97 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This was my daughter's 1st trip to NYC and it was a great experience at this hotel. The Warwick is a lovely hotel with a great location and the staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely put this at the top of my list for hotels in NYC

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for taking the time to write your review. It was nice to hear that you will make the Warwick your hotel of choice in new York. See you soon.

There are newer reviews for Warwick New York

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Love staying at the Warwick, where rooms are huge by NYC standards. Great location, within walking distance of shopping, theatre, Central Park, Rockefeller Plaza, Columbus Cr.
Randolph's Bar is a fabulous place to recharge after shopping or wind down after theatre.
Just a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vickieelaine
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. We were happy to hear that our location suits your needs and that you enjoyed our Randolph's lounge to re-charge after exploring Manhattan. We look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We drove to the Warwick, had to wait 15 minutes till the valets who were busy chatting between
Themselves to notice us. That was off putting !! We walked into a small dark dingy lobby,
Area, Definitely not the type you would expect considering the amount we were paying for our room, and the the receptionist was curt, and unfriendly, more disappointment!! The corridors to the rooms were well done clean well lit, a relief, our room was a good size, tastefully done up. But very dark. The bathroom was as small as the closet space, with no provision to put ones toiletry. Not nice!!! The hotel staff were not at all helpful smiling or attentive. The housekeeping everyday forgot one item or the other. Towels, or bath mats. The only time we had smiling attentive staff was at the bar. Apart for the location of this property, I can't honestly say there was anything good about The Warwick.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a room facing the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Worldtraveller2359
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you very much for writing the review of your August stay with us. I apologize for the initial arrival experience you had and although I am not happy about the fact that you did not leave the Warwick completely satisfied I thank you for your comments and feedback, which will be shared with my staff. Should you decide to give us another try in the future after all, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally see to your arrangements.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Situated on the corner of 6th Avenue and 54th Street, this hotel is nicely placed for reaching quite a few places of interest on foot. Just three blocks south of Central Park, and within a few blocks you will find the Rockefeller Centre, Empire State Building, Bloomingdales, Macy's and Times Square. The tourist bus stops a block away in 7th Avenue.

The hotel itself has an interesting history and has a gallery of pictures showing famous people who have stayed there.

My room was lovely, overlooking 6th Avenue (see photos). I wouldn't have been happy had I been offered one of the rooms at the back facing a wall, which was on the small side and rather dark. There are no coffee making facilities in the room, but a machine is available on request. The bathroom is small, but adequate. There is a very narrow shelf to store things on which wasn't very satisfactory and there is no handrail by the bath. My room had a small kitchenette but no utensils, so not sure what use this is. There was also a walk-in wardrobe, containing a safe, ironing board and an umbrella which I thought was a nice touch.

Breakfast was horrendously expensive - $70 for three coffees, three juices, poached eggs with toast, and a selection of bread rolls. Service was on the slow side. Interesting room, though, with its murals of Walter Raleigh and Queen Elizabeth I.

We also visited the Randolph's bar on two occasions. First time, attentive service. Second time, not so good, and again, frightfully expensive.

All in all, if I ever returned to New York I would consider staying again at the Warwick, provided that I have a room with a view!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent visit to New York and for sharing your very detailed feedback. I am very happy to hear that you will consider staying with us again in the future and ask that you let me know personally when do you wish to come back so that we can look out for a street facing room for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just spent another fabulous weekend at the Warwick. When I checked in the system was down but Michael took care of everything quickly with a smile. Room was fabulous as always and the lounge is still my favorite. This hotel is such a classic. I have stayed here the last 3 times in 2 years and always recommend it to everyone. Can't wait to come back - best location in Manhattan.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us again this past weekend. I was very glad to hear that Michael took good care of you when you arrived and that you enjoyed our lounge as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business. A nice older New York hotel. Rooms are nice, staff is great as well. If you are looking for nice without paying too much, then this place is great. Location is awesome close to 5th Ave, Central Park and on the Avenue of the Americas.

• Stayed: September 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to write about your recent stay with us. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing how much you enjoyed not only our location, but also our staff and the hotel in general. We sincerely hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early September. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were spacious, and you can't beat the location! Also, the hotel is tastefully decorated and very clean -- something I don't always see. We would stay here again and have already recommended this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you! Not just for staying with us recently, but also for already recommending us to your friends. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed our location, our staff, our decor and our cleanliness. Please come and stay with us again the next time you find yourself in New York City.