“Another visit next week!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Wamberal, Australia
“Another visit next week!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed with you 7 years ago with my girlfriends on our first trip to NYC..such a wonderful hotel I'm returning from Australia with my husband for his first trip next week..looking forward to 4 nights of your wonderfully warm hospitality..see you soon!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Scott S
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for your post. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay 7 years ago so much that you will be returning. See you next week.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I loved the customer service at the Warwick. I had booked the room on Hotwire and paid around $200/night. I got to the hotel around 7 pm on a Friday night and they ended up putting me in a very large suite ("I hope that's ok"). The suite was HUGE- two queen beds and then, literally, a living room. I was doing work and enjoyed the extra space to spread out my computer and all of my papers. However, I found the room to be very old- old carpet, paint, tile, and in need of renovation. Regular noise for a NYC hotel. It had the look of being quite the hotel "back in the day". I felt like I was on the periphery of midtown and that all of my usual favorite places were a bit more of a walk than I like. Service was great and friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen_K_777
Thank you, first of all, for staying with us. I liked reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and the extra space the upgrade afforded you. It sounds as if you may stayed in one of the few rooms that have yet to be renovated, a process that will be completed by April of next year. We look forward to welcoming you back then, or sooner.

oban
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Warwick Hotel...... Top service - and always with a smile; an oasis of elegance and comfort in the razamataz that is New York.

The location is ideal for exploring, and the staff very helpful giving advice about where to go and what to do.

Room Tip: We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and were given a beautiful room on the 15th floor...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
How nice it was to read that we were able to provide you with an oasis of attention and calm after exploring all New York has to offer. we thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the future.

Herts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

For my first trip to NYC, my friend and I booked The Warwick following several recommendations from friends, and it certainly lived up to, if not exceeded our expectations. First is the location. In the heart of midtown, it is close to the Rockefeller Centre, Central Park and 5th Avenue, as well as several subway stops. We were also lucky with our room. Having reached the budget limit, we settled on a room with one king sized bed, but when the reception manager saw we were friends, he offered us an upgrade to a room with two doubles at no extra cost. The room we got was spacious, modern and clean. Our beds were so comfortable I was tempted to smuggle mine home with me. When I noticed there was no kettle, within minutes, a coffee perculator was delivered at no extra cost. The staff could not have done more to help.

Our shower was very powerful, but at one point, almost fell off the wall! That said, the bathroom was excellent, with no shortage of clean towels and decent toiletries. The only other downside was that my friend found it quite noisy, which is understandable, considering our location. I was really pleased to have packed my earplugs, and would recommend this to anyone staying in this part of the city.

So okay, the lifts are a bit slow and old-fashioned, but that is part of the charm of the Warwick! Despite extensive modernisation to many of the rooms, it still feels like a spectacular tribut to Marion Davies - whose image dominates many of the hotel's corridors.

The reception teams, concierge, doorman etc, were all friendly, knowledgeable and happy to assist with our many, many questions. On the last day, there was no issue storing luggage and the hotel helpfully got us booked onto a shuttle taxi - a far more economical way of travelling back to Newark Airport than the cab driver that had royally ripped us off on the way in!

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to friends, business people, couples and solo visitors, although there isn't specifically anything to keep younger visitors entertained.

Room Tip: If you're friends, always ask if they have a room with two doubles available. This time of year...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your positive experience. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took good care of your questions and requests. Please come and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed 4 nights and liked the hotel. I found the room (2005) small but suspect normal for new York, even though this being an older hotel I expected the room to be better. The tap handle fell off the first time I used it and the AC made a terrible noise when cutting out every time. I work in that field and it should not sound like that.. I didn't bother to report this as I just did not get round to it
There was no AC in the passages so it was like walking into a sauna every time you left your room.
The room cleaning was good but I did not have cause to use any other hotel services so can't comment on these.
Two gripes.
In this day and age should we really be paying $10 per day when you have paid $250 a night
We went in the hotel bar first night for the first and last time. I am not paying $26 for a small beer and a Malibu & coke, not even in new York.
Would I stay again ? Possibly, but for the amount of time I spent in the room it is hard to justify the cost.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your recent visit. I am sorry to hear that you found a few items in your room to be defective, but thank you for bringing them to my attention. Please accept my apologies, since everything should have been in perfect working order before you arrived. Should I ever be able to assist you in any way, please do not hesitate yo contact me directly.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed here for a work trip and was really surprised as how nice the hotel was. It's very old so I thought it wouldn't be as well taken care of, but I have to say it felt pretty modern. The rooms were also bigger than I expected. The staff at the desk is very accommodating to any particular requests you may have. This is definitely not something to take for granted! I would stay here again if I needed to be close to midtown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind words. I was happy to hear that the front desk staff in particular was very accommodating and we certainly hope that you will stay with us again the next time you find yourself in new York City.

Sonoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is our go-to hotel when staying in NYC. It's location can't be beat - walk to Central Park, the Theatre District, museums and subways - all right there. Friendly enough, especially at breakfast. We stayed in a corner suite, but were disappointed that it had not yet been refurbished. It was very tired. Scuffed and dated furniture with a one sink bathroom featuring a stained & cracked (repaired) toilet that backed-up (ugh). The good was the suite was big, clean, and quiet with a very comfy bed. However, be careful of the extra blanket in the closet. It had a very strong, peculiar smell and could not be used even though needed due to colder weather. Since we really love the hotel's location and understand nyc hotels have their quirks, we will keep this our go-to hotel and hope for an updated room next year. Have fun!

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Elevators can take awhile so ask for a lower room if this might be an issue...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you very much for your review and for having stayed with us again. We appreciated your comments and I am happy to inform you that our hotel will have been fully updated by the end of April of next year. So when you come back again you will most certainly receive an updated room. We look forward to seeing you again soon.