“Location, location ..... but so much more than that”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #110 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I booked the Warwick Hotel for a five night treat for myself and my daughter in NYC. The reviews did play a factor in booking this hotel, but I was a little concerned because it was quite a small (in comparison) boutique hotel in the middle of a big, big city full of much bigger hotels. I could not have made a better choice. We arrived very tired on the Saturday evening and was up-graded to a beautiful room, spotlessly clean and with a great view of 6th Avenue. NYC is busy and very tiring, and this hotel was our oasis of calm when we returned in the evening after our shopping and exploring. The staff, the beautiful presentation of the hotel was ideal...in fact there is nothing we could fault. I wouldn't have swapped our choice at all after seeing other hotels we could have booked as alternatives .... we loved it; and the location was just perfect....a short walk from the Rockefeller Centre in one direction, Central Park in another, Times Square in another. Well done all at the Warwick!!

I hope we return to New York in the future, in which case I would not even consider booking anywhere else in NYC but The Warwick.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you very much for not only staying with us recently, but also for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor.com. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location and the fact that we provided you with just the right environment to unwind after a long day exploring New York. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed in the Warwick for a week in May 2013. It was hard to find a good hotel in Manhattan for a reasonable price, and this one was pretty expensive, but it's very luxurious and the location is excellent (just a couple of blocks down from the south end of Central Park, a few blocks up from the Rockefeller Center, and literally just across the street from the Museum of Modern Art). Our rooms were big and very comfortable, but neither of them got any natural light at all due to the fact that some lunatic had at some point granted permission for an ugly big L-shaped office block to be built around two sides of the hotel. We didn't eat in the restaurant - although we did drink in the bar one evening, which served good but expensive cocktails - but there are plenty of places nearby serving good food (most days we were there we ate breakfast at an Irish bar nearby called the Old Castle). I'd stay there again if I somehow came into a large sum of money, but this time I'd definitely ask for a room with daylight!

Room Tip: If natural light is important to you, ask for a room facing the street otherwise you'll be looki...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you writing about your May visit to our hotel and for sharing that you enjoyed your stay despite the lack of daylight some of our interior rooms receive. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I stayed with you 7 years ago with my girlfriends on our first trip to NYC..such a wonderful hotel I'm returning from Australia with my husband for his first trip next week..looking forward to 4 nights of your wonderfully warm hospitality..see you soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott S
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for your post. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay 7 years ago so much that you will be returning. See you next week.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I loved the customer service at the Warwick. I had booked the room on Hotwire and paid around $200/night. I got to the hotel around 7 pm on a Friday night and they ended up putting me in a very large suite ("I hope that's ok"). The suite was HUGE- two queen beds and then, literally, a living room. I was doing work and enjoyed the extra space to spread out my computer and all of my papers. However, I found the room to be very old- old carpet, paint, tile, and in need of renovation. Regular noise for a NYC hotel. It had the look of being quite the hotel "back in the day". I felt like I was on the periphery of midtown and that all of my usual favorite places were a bit more of a walk than I like. Service was great and friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jen_K_777

Thank you, first of all, for staying with us. I liked reading that you enjoyed your stay with us and the extra space the upgrade afforded you. It sounds as if you may stayed in one of the few rooms that have yet to be renovated, a process that will be completed by April of next year. We look forward to welcoming you back then, or sooner.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The Warwick Hotel...... Top service - and always with a smile; an oasis of elegance and comfort in the razamataz that is New York.

The location is ideal for exploring, and the staff very helpful giving advice about where to go and what to do.

Room Tip: We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and were given a beautiful room on the 15th floor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

How nice it was to read that we were able to provide you with an oasis of attention and calm after exploring all New York has to offer. we thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

For my first trip to NYC, my friend and I booked The Warwick following several recommendations from friends, and it certainly lived up to, if not exceeded our expectations. First is the location. In the heart of midtown, it is close to the Rockefeller Centre, Central Park and 5th Avenue, as well as several subway stops. We were also lucky with our room. Having reached the budget limit, we settled on a room with one king sized bed, but when the reception manager saw we were friends, he offered us an upgrade to a room with two doubles at no extra cost. The room we got was spacious, modern and clean. Our beds were so comfortable I was tempted to smuggle mine home with me. When I noticed there was no kettle, within minutes, a coffee perculator was delivered at no extra cost. The staff could not have done more to help.

Our shower was very powerful, but at one point, almost fell off the wall! That said, the bathroom was excellent, with no shortage of clean towels and decent toiletries. The only other downside was that my friend found it quite noisy, which is understandable, considering our location. I was really pleased to have packed my earplugs, and would recommend this to anyone staying in this part of the city.

So okay, the lifts are a bit slow and old-fashioned, but that is part of the charm of the Warwick! Despite extensive modernisation to many of the rooms, it still feels like a spectacular tribut to Marion Davies - whose image dominates many of the hotel's corridors.

The reception teams, concierge, doorman etc, were all friendly, knowledgeable and happy to assist with our many, many questions. On the last day, there was no issue storing luggage and the hotel helpfully got us booked onto a shuttle taxi - a far more economical way of travelling back to Newark Airport than the cab driver that had royally ripped us off on the way in!

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to friends, business people, couples and solo visitors, although there isn't specifically anything to keep younger visitors entertained.

Room Tip: If you're friends, always ask if they have a room with two doubles available. This time of year...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your positive experience. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took good care of your questions and requests. Please come and stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to New York.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed 4 nights and liked the hotel. I found the room (2005) small but suspect normal for new York, even though this being an older hotel I expected the room to be better. The tap handle fell off the first time I used it and the AC made a terrible noise when cutting out every time. I work in that field and it should not sound like that.. I didn't bother to report this as I just did not get round to it
There was no AC in the passages so it was like walking into a sauna every time you left your room.
The room cleaning was good but I did not have cause to use any other hotel services so can't comment on these.
Two gripes.
In this day and age should we really be paying $10 per day when you have paid $250 a night
We went in the hotel bar first night for the first and last time. I am not paying $26 for a small beer and a Malibu & coke, not even in new York.
Would I stay again ? Possibly, but for the amount of time I spent in the room it is hard to justify the cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your recent visit. I am sorry to hear that you found a few items in your room to be defective, but thank you for bringing them to my attention. Please accept my apologies, since everything should have been in perfect working order before you arrived. Should I ever be able to assist you in any way, please do not hesitate yo contact me directly.