“Nice Surprises”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #111 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 January 2014

When making my reservation, I mentioned that I had an important birthday coming up so it would be a special trip for my daughter and me. Upon arrival, I was happy to hear that I had been upgraded to a double room, which was spacious and very tastefully decorated. When we returned to the room that evening, I was greeted by an wonderful array of birthday treats -- a bowl of fresh fruit, wine and chocolate strawberries. Besides that, the bed was extremely comfortable; high quality sheets, comforter and pillows made for a great night's sleep. Individual room temperature control was also most welcome. Friendly and helpful staff made our stay just perfect. The hotel is is a great location and I would definitely return. We did eat our meals out because the hotel's restaurant was a bit pricey but that was no problem since there are restaurants galore in all price ranges nearby. Close to all modes of transportation.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and was located in a corner away from the elevators. There was no noise fr...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank frances b
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and happy belated birthday! We were thrilled to read that you celebrated your special day with us and that you enjoyed the spacious room you were in along with the treats we sent you. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Peter Walterspiel

Write a ReviewReviews (4,478)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I were staying in NYC for a slightly belated wedding anniversary. We told the staff that, and they upgraded us to a suite and allowed us to check-in early. This allowed us to visit the Museum of Modern Art across the street that afternoon. the hotel location allows easy walking distance to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the theater district (we went to see Wicked which was phenomenal). The hotel restaurant offers good value for lunch but not for breakfast (The breakfast buffet was quite pricey).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you very much for having chosen The Warwick as your wedding anniversary get away. We were happy to hear that the upgrade we were able to provide you with added to the enjoyment of your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I booked a room for my birthday but inadvertently chose the wrong date.
When attempting to check in I discovered that I had booked for the previous weekend and was considered a no show. They was sympathetic and although I had to pay again, she gave us a great price and an upgraded room. That evening we were surprised with a bottle of wine and chocolates. Although I ended up spending a little bit more, it was definitely soothing to have someone so helpful. We plan to return to the Warwick. The room was lovely and the location was great. Thank you to the day manager on Jan. 11th.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank cjcli

Thank you very much for spending your recent birthday with us and for writing about how your celebration was saved by one of our managers. We were happy to hear that all worked out in the end and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We came here for my 40th birthday. The staff upgraded our room, gave us a bottle of champagne and chocolates. They were helpful. the room was spacious and clean. Starbucks and convenience store next door. MOMA next door. Very convenient. Would recommend and stay here again. Breakfast was very good also.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank charlotte m

Happy belated birthday and thank you for spending it with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay so much that you will not only return, but also recommend us to others. See you soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I booked the romance package at the Warwick as a gift for my boyfriend and our stay was great from beginning to end. The location could not be better! There are so many things to do within a few blocks. The service was great, everyone on the staff was so attentive. We were able to check in early and were so lucky to have been upgraded to a lovely and spacious suite! Both were a great bonus!! We will definitely come back to the Warwick when we need another night away from it all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teecee111_11

Thank you very much for staying with us after making the journey to Manhattan. I was very happy to read that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful time and that we were able to make your visit even more special with an upgrade to one of our great suites. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

In NYC to see a show (the wonderful "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder"), we stayed at the hotel the Beatles and Elvis stayed in in the 1960s. The mattress was perhaps the most comfortable of any hotel I've ever stayed in. For a NYC hotel, the room was sufficiently roomy. Even with a discount, the cost was probably higher than average, but hey, it is NYC. Very conveniently located across the street from MoMA and next to Connolly's Pub and Restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for writing about your positive experience and especially your good night's sleep on our comfortable mattresses. Wasn't the Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder hilarious? I'm glad you got to see this show and look forward to your next visit to The Warwick.

Room Type: Corner Suite overlooking Sixth
Room: Large bedroom with a separate lounge/ dinner area
Stayed during UN general assembly and was lucky not to experience any inconveniences around the hotel.
The hotel has a lot of history and popular with many celebrities in the 60s. I have previously stayed at other hotels in NY and this has to be my favorite so far. Perfect for both leisure and business. You are within walking distance to Time Square, 5th Ave, Rockafella Centre, Central Park. There are several cheap eats in the area, mini supermarket around the corner and a Laundromat 2 blocks away.

I will most definitely stay here again on my next visit to New York.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcjchung

Thank you very much for having stayed with us during last year's UN General Assembly. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and your stay with and look forward to your return visit this year.