“Perfect NYC Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #91 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Saskatoon
“Perfect NYC Hotel and Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

The Warwick hotel had a lot of space and was close to everything; Broadway, Central Park, Subway station, Avenue of the Stars, Macy's….. this is a great hotel.

The view from the room was great as well.

If you want a nice clean hotel in the heart of NYC, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SaskatoonCND
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us last September and for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Made reservations for my boss who had 3 meetings within walking distance from the hotel. The staff at checkin was very nice answering our questions. The Premier Plus rooms are redone nicely with pleasant soft colors. I like that this is a smaller hotel than the Hilton across the street. This was an overnight stay, but all went well and would definitely stay myself or book again for work.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for having placed your boss with us recently and for stating that either he or you will stay with us again in the future. We look forward to seeing you then.

Newport, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

For the long Civil Rights Day weekend, my husband and I visited NYC. It was a Christmas present from my husband. He selected the Warwick Hotel for its location and it proved to be "perfect". When we arrived, the front desk attendant noticed that this was our first visit to the hotel and gave us a room with a view. Since we arrived at night we didn't know what that meant, but the next morning I looked out the window and saw Central Park with uptown Manhattan in the distance. It was amazing. We were able to walk to Rockefeller Center to see the ice skaters, went to the Top of the Rock, walked through Central Park, and visited Time Square all within a few minutes walk. The hotel staff was very helpful and set up us with a boat tour to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, along with a bus tour of the city including the 9-11 site. They also suggested excellent restaurants in the area. However, we ate some of our meals write in the hotel. Although we never ate in the restaurant, the bar area had a great menu of pub food and TV for us to watch the weekend football games. We were able to "squeeze" so much into the weekend, mostly because of the convenient location of the Warwick Hotel. It is full of history and the rooms are great!! A real NYC find!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela L
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you very much for your very nice comments about your recent weekend stay with us. we were all very happy to read that you enjoyed not just our excellent location, but also the services and food we offer. We look forward to your next visit.

warm regards,

Campton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I spent my 45th birthday at the Warwick December 15th & 16th and everything was perfect. We were upgraded to a larger room (very comfortable) with a nice view of the city and surprised to have champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us upon entering the room. The staff was very friendly at the front desk and at Randolph's (food was very very good as well). Thank you to the staff at the Warwick for making my 45th birthday unforgettable!

John & Kathy

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Happy belated birthday and thank you for selecting The Warwick to celebrate it last December. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This was my fourth stay at the Warwick at Christmas time and it is always a pleasure. I was there for 9 nights this trip and loved it. Staff were all very helpful and pleasant. Doorman were great. Room was nicely laid out, extra clean and BIG. The beds are extra comfortable and it was a fabulously quiet oasis from the hustle and bustle outside. I was on the 10th floor and you couldn't hear a thing in terms of traffic noise. As always the location is great and really convenient. A special mention of their house keeping staff - room was made up perfectly and their attention to detail was appreciated. I look forward to my next visit!

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mandyfinds
Thank you very much for having just stayed with us for the fifth time and for taking the time to write about your most recent experience. We are thrilled that you have made the Warwick your hotel of choice in Manhattan and we hope to see you again very soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at the Warwick between 17th and 20th January 2014, with my sister. It was my second time in NY and my sister's first. I selected the Warwick after considerable research - I had stayed at the Sheraton last January with my husband and, whilst it was ok, it had no individual charm. My sister and I were very impressed with the Warwick on our arrival. The lobby was beautiful and the staff on the door and reception were pleasant and helpful. We were impressed with our room, which was large and spotlessly clean. The 2 beds were large and extremely comfortable and the bathroom size was more than sufficient for us, with plenty of towels daily. The hotel is very well situated, near the Rockefeller Centre, Central Park, Museum of Modern Art, St Patrick's Cathedral and a short walk to Fifth Avenue. We did not dine at Murals on 54 so I can't comment on the food and service there. The service in the hotel was very good; the hairdrier in the bathroom did not work and I was brought another immediately. Also, when we asked for a coffee maker in our room one was brought to us straight away. I'm reluctant to criticise the Warwick, but I do have a point to raise about the temperature in our room. We set the thermostat on 'cool' during our stay as our room was very warm, but this made little difference to the temperature. Also, the windows did not open at all so there was no fresh air coming in. We did not report these issues as we felt that these issues are due to the fact the Warwick is an old hotel.

I have 2 tips for anyone staying in the Warwick (or NY in general). First: DON'T FORGET TO TIP! We found that 20% tip for a meal is the norm in NY (check that the service charge isn't in with the bill first!!). $2 is acceptable for the hotel doorman helping you with the door/your bags and we left $10 with a thankyou note for the housekeeping staff in our room when we checked out - they work very hard and we feel they are possibly the lowest paid of all of the staff. My other tip would be to just take time to look at this fabulous building, inside and out. Such character and class! I would return and would recommend the Warwick to others.

Room Tip: Do a bit of research on your room. I originally booked a Deluxe Double Double (2 large beds in one...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank psychnurse190
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for writing about your experience. We were very happy to hear that you and your sister enjoyed your stay with us and that you will recommend us as the hotel of choice in Manhattan. I am sorry that you weren't able to cool down your room to the degree desired. We are in the process of installing new equipment that will eliminate this problem we have occasionally. Please come and stay with us again the next time you travel to new York.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here on a business trip and the hotel was updated recently and they did a good job!
I really like how helpful the door man and bell staff are.
check in took a bit of time as there was not enough staff but once at the check in process it was easy.
the hotel restaurant seemed always busy which is a good sign of good service and good food.
The sleeping rooms were a bit of a challenge as it was extremely hot even though it was cold outside it must be on 1 thermostat for the entire building.the windows don't open either for a bit of fresh air which was odd to me(just add a guard to open half way )
The bathroom was good with amenities and good water pressure.
The gym was ok and was closed mid week for renovation.
Overall I would stay here again only if they can get the temperature under control.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for writing about your experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I can assure you that we are working on the heating an cooling systems of our 90 year old building to make it more comfortable for our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.