“Shopping weekend”
Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #110 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

A shoppers dream hotel! This hotels location is fantastic. It is an easy walk to the luxury shops of 5th Ave. Do you shopping drop off your bags in your room and shop some more. Many convince stores right in the area if you need hygiene supplies. All less than a quarter mile away.

As far as the hotel itself, I will definitely return! Great staff who are extremely knowledgeable about the area. There is always a bell man who will grab a cab for you.

Rooms are fresh and always clean. Very comfortable and cozy atmosphere. Very good price. Normally when I am in NYC I tend to expect $250-$300 a night. This was less than half for the same quality!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for stating that you will be back in the future. We enjoyed reading that you liked our location and the services provided by our staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Peter Walterspiel

Write a ReviewReviews (4,520)

Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you want a first-class experience, with professional, generous, and attentive staff, this is the place. You can't beat the location, and the level of comfort and accommodation is excellent. I was on a business trip and brought my family with me -- my 5-year-old daughter was treated like a "member of the family," had special chocolate milk made for her every day at breakfast, and we all felt as comfortable and taken care of as can be. This historic nature of the hotel, as well, and the nature of the appointments throughout, including the rooms, made it extra special. A very easy 10-15 block walk in all directions puts you close to many destinations, and MOMA is literally across the street from the Warwick's entrance. We will most certainly try to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the 20th floor in a corner room with 2 queens, interior courtyard. Extremely quiet - no...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your review. We were thrilled to hear that your entire family enjoyed not only our superb location, but also they way our staff treated you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I just spend a 4-day conference here, and have trouble believing that the people who do the hiring also make the policy. The people are great; the policies are beyond greedy.

It's not the $15 bottles of water or even the $21 room service pancakes -- that's a big NYC hotel. It's the random $5 processing fee on all room service orders -- not tax, not tip, just a way to take another $5 when you aren't looking. It's that there's no place to get a cup of coffee between 11 and noon -- not even room service. It's that the basic wireless ($10 per 24 hours) is _so_ basic that you can't order from a take-out site or watch Netflix on your laptop. Nor can you find the non-pay channels on the television.

But the people are great. I walk with a cane, I needed a paper printed, my foster-daughter and her son came to visit for a night: in short, I was a troublesome guest. And yet from the front desk to the front door, from the doormen to the room cleaners, everyone was more than helpful -- they convinced me they _wanted_ to be helpful. (Ok, one grumpy manager in Randolph's and one surly room service waiter, but that's a tiny minority, as I feel I was helped by practically every member of the hotel staff. Some twice.

And did I mention they upgraded me to a suite??? Yes, the bathroom was as tiny as everyone said in the other reviews, but you don't come to NYC to spend time in the bathroom. The beds are beyond wonderful.

So, if you have more money than you need or if you never use room service or drink coffee or watch TV, this place is PERFECT.

And even if you are like me, it's still a great experience with only a few relatively minor exceptions.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank crosbyhall
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We all enjoyed reading how the overwhelming majority of our staff you came in contact with treated you the way we intend all our guests to be treated. Based on your description we may have actually met in the elevator. Thank you as well for sharing your dissatisfaction with some of the charges we impose. We take comments such as yours very seriously and will use them when it comes to assessing these charges going forward. We hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Warwick. My room was clean and warm. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was close to Times Square/Rockerfella centre but not right in the heart of things (the website says a 10 minute walk and it genuinely is). I think asking $10 for 24 hours of wifi (this is the slower speed but you can upgrade to the $17 package) is too steep as a lot of hotels manage to provide wifi free of charge. Maybe they could provide the slower connexion for free and charge for the faster connection?

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for writing about your positive experience on TripAdvisor. I also thank you for your comments regarding our charges for internet access. feedback such as yours allows us to continuously refine our offerings. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Warwick is an old hotel that has been beautifully renovated. It's next to the MOMA and an excellent location. Next time we visit NYC, we will definitely return. The beds were comfortable which is a big plus for us. Loved it!

Room Tip: Great value.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and for recognizing us for both our location and for the comfort of our beds. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Warwick many times over the years, and we have always had a terrific time there. The staff is very friendly, and the rooms, though small, are spotless and comfortable. The location is very convenient. Last weekend we stayed for my husband's birthday weekend trip. Because it was a special occasion, I decided to splurge on one of the rooms with a "view." Honestly, the only view we had was of the side of another building along with its exterior trash. Yes, the sky could be seen at a certain angle, but neither 54th street nor 6th Ave was visible at all. The porter was very nice, and he called down to see if we could change rooms, but none were available. I had made the reservations months earlier, so, really, it was hard to imagine that all the available rooms with "views" had already been booked.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KATHRYN L

Thank you very much for staying with us again recently. I am sorry to hear that the lack of a view put a damper on your celebratory weekend and that we were unable to move you to another room because we were sold out. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you wish to stay at The Warwick so that I can personally see to your arrangements.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Lovely hotel, friendly and attentive staff. Well located for sightseeing and eating out as well as shopping! Really enjoyed our week at the Warwick and hope to return next year. We were treated very well and would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014

We were very happy to read about your positive experience at The Warwick and I wish to thank you for staying with us recently. We look forward to your next visit.