“Great character hotel in a brilliant location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Warwick New York

Warwick New York
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
York, United Kingdom
“Great character hotel in a brilliant location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a beautiful old hotel with loads of character in a fantastic location. My wife and I stayed at the Warwick between the 6th and 10th of May for our Silver Wedding. The hotel staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful and we were allocated a lovely room on the 22nd floor with a view over the junction of 54th Street and 6th Avenue. The room was large (for New York standards) and beautifully appointed with a modern refurbished bathroom. The location is great, just a couple of blocks from both Central Park and Broadway, close enough for visiting but far enough away to escape the madness of Times Square. We had breakfast in the hotel each morning, which was great quality and a plentiful, varied start to a day's sightseeing. I have been to New York regularly and this hotel is without doubt the best I have stayed. The staff really made us both feel very special. Trust me, for a New York hotel this is a fantastic choice, good value and was absolutely faultless.

Room Tip: 2220 was a lovely room with a view and high enough to escape most city noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us recently to celebrate your milestone anniversary and for posting your very kind review. We were very happy to hear that you had such a good time in New York and at The Warwick and we hope to see you again in the future.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The room spacious with elongated corridor within the room (809) with a closet extending the length of it--but at the expense of the bathroom space. My chest was pushed back by the sink when sitting on the toilet. Must be extremely uncomfortable for a woman. And, there is no excuse for the poor planning of the bathroom given the large corridor. On top of that, the toilet seat was loose. The TV was dim, as if I was in a B-rated hotel. It took me an hour to reprogram the remote to fix the contrast. At check-in, I asked for a high-room with view and was given a low-room with a poor bathroom. I also asked for the free wifi and breakfast that the coupon above (on Tripadvisor) said would be honored upon verbal request. But I was denied unless I had "written proof" the reception said. At check-out, the reception said I should have asked for another room if the bathroom was not to my liking--as all the other receptions stared upon us. I give the hotel one positive credit for the conceirge.

Room Tip: Book a room just outside of Manhattan, if you want a decent one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank tearsforhari
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was marred by the size of the bathroom in your room, along with a few other items which should have been taken care of before you set foot in your room. Please accept my apologies and please also do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for any assistance with future reservations at The Warwick.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Warwick New York overnight for a quick business conference. This was an alternative to a nearby large hotel that was the conference venue. Staying at the Warwick instead made all the difference (in a good way).

Where they really shone was when I needed the type of personal service that most large hotels cannot deliver: I stupidly forgot my not backed-up iPad on the inbound aircraft, and being in NY for less than 24 hours with a full meeting schedule meant that I had absolutely no time to chase it down. At my request, the front office manager (Shawn) and his colleague (Joel) called the airline and found out exactly where I needed to go in order to get it back. They then ensured I had this information plus the located reference for the item. I was therefore pleasantly surprised by getting my iPad back without having to visit multiple service counters. Shawn and Joel both refused to receive the reward I had promised if I got it back, saying in effect that this was all in a day's work. They also did NOT ask me to write a review, when I thought that they (and the hotel) absolutely deserved one, so here it is.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was clean, spacious and quiet, with temperature controls that worked properly, and the bed was comfortable. This all sounds basic, but is definitely NOT a given in a large city hotel -- I have found that even in top hotels, quite often either it's too cold, or the A/C is too loud and cannot be turned off, or the bed is soft, or the room is noisy or dusty or small. At this hotel, I had no such problems .-- they got all of the important things right, and I had a good night's sleep. Plus, this hotel has a certain charm and yet has appropriately modern fixtures and fittings throughout. I found the breakfast buffet pricey at $29 (this always seems to be the case in large city hotels) but it was of pretty high quality with a reasonably good selection: for instance smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, nice roasted breakfast potatoes, good selection of fruits, a couple of cereals, brown or white toast, all were present. There were a couple of things I would have liked to see added to the buffet (e.g. pancakes or waffles), but all in all it was reasonable value for somebody like myself who likes to make breakfast the largest meal of the day.

I am grateful for the specific assistance, and also found the hotel to be very fit for purpose. I would definitely stay there on my next trip to Midtown Manhattan, even if it were a longer trip, and I would recommend the same to friend and colleagues.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for having chosen The Warwick over our much larger neighbor when you recently visited New York City. We were all very happy to read about your positive experience and were especially thrilled to hear that Shawn and Joel were able to assist you in re-uniting with your iPad. Thank you for recommending us to friends and colleagues and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Freehold, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived a few hours before check-in time and at first the woman at reception said we would need to come back about 2 hours later. We didn't balk but then she changed her mind and said she would find us a room. Nice!! I would have liked to give this 3 and 1/2 stars but since I can't, I bumped it to 4 because of her niceness.

We checked into the 23rd floor and felt the size of the room and bathroom were adequate. The only room complaint is the air/heat unit. It takes up a large portion of the outside wall and it's very loud. We didn't try to adjust it so can't comment on if that worked or not since others on here have complained about that. Our view was of brick buildings but the proximity to Central Park makes up for the lack of view.

Central Park is 5 blocks away. I loved being so close! There is also an E,B,D subway station 2 blocks away so you can get to Times Square and Penn Station (among other locations) easily. We didn't try to the restaurants nor the fitness room so can't comment on those.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. We were happy to read that you enjoyed our central location and your stay with us. Please come and see us again the next time you find yourself traveling to New York City.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I recently visited New York City for the first time as part of a group tour. We were booked into the wonderful Warwick Hotel on 6th Avenue W. and it was a great experience. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and they gave us great advice about where to go and what to do. Our room was spacious with a great view of the hustle and bustle of the city. Everything was very clean and the beds were comfortable. When our group was leaving, we had a problem with our shuttle bus and Mike, the manager was extremely helpful. He went above and beyond and we were all very grateful for his help. I would recommend this hotel very highly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the higher levels for great city views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and especially for pointing out how helpful Mike was. he was thrilled to hear that he was able to make a difference. Please come and stay with us again the next time you visit New York.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was in NY in late April for five days. I hated the accomodation I was staying at, for which I was paying 300+ USD per night, and decided to move elsewhere quickly. Warwick was very close-by and within 15 min, I was in my room. I liked the fact that at the desk they were kind enough to ask whether I'd like a room with two beds but with a city view or a double bed with no view (I was travelling alone). I took the one with city view, and the room was quite large by New York standards for the price I was paying (around 220 USD, not including breakfast). The room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel has an excellent location (on the same street with MOMA) and very close to Central Park, Broadway etc.. Two (minor ?) complaint are a) I had to pay 9.95 for wireless connection, and b) the attitude of the reception desk staff was quite variable.

All in all, a very good hotel in an excellent location. Will try it again on my next trip...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for having moved to The Warwick during your recent visit to New York and for the feedback you provided as part of your review. we always enjoy hearing from our guests and always use comments such as yours to learn and get better. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Manhattan.

Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

The experience since we walked into the door of the Warwick hotel was fantastic. Customer service was friendly, very helpful, and attentive to any questions or needs that were requested. The room was clean, bed was comfy, and location couldn't have been any better! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your recent stay at The Warwick and for the review you posted. We were thrilled to hear that you had a very positive overall experience and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.