Warwick New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
The Dorset(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Blakely New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shoreham(New York City)
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
The London NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Parker New York(New York City)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
the Quin(New York City)
4,599 results
All reviewscentral parkrandolph's barcary grantgreat locationnew yorktimes squaremuseum of modern artradio city music hallchocolate covered strawberriesbrick wallrockefeller centerfew blocksfifth avenueupgraded to a suiteroom was largehotel barking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Warwick for three nights this past weekend to celebrate his birthday. The hotel is lovely! As others have stated, it is classy, has a great location and the rooms are spacious, clean and quiet.

The customer service, or lack thereof, is the bad & the ugly. Firstly, many times when we walked into or out of the hotel, I did not see anyone at the front desk. The first day we checked in there was a less-than friendly woman who helped us while two others stood right next to her chatting away. It seemed we had walked in right when they were all having an important conversation that couldn't be interrupted. Sorry.

The most unbelievable moment, however, was when one of the front desk staff called my husband "buddy". When we told him we were here celebrating my husband's birthday, he said "Well Happy Birthday buddy!" and changed the subject. It was casual, and almost insulting. I guarantee an older couple would not have received the same treatment. If not sir and ma'am, then nothing at all would have been better. (No, we didn't receive any special birthday surprises or treatment- which is fine, but obviously they don't take note of these special occasions for everyone, as I've seen on the other tripadvisor reviews)

I would like to mention my husband and I are always respectful and courteous and we certainly did not warrant this kind of response from the front desk staff.

I really loved this hotel, it was clean and quiet and it was right across from MoMA (bonus)! However, I probably will not come back because I really believe that customer service can make the biggest difference between a happy customer and a disgruntled customer. I think I'd rather take our chances elsewhere where we'll feel more wanted!

P.S The cleaning staff was excellent. They were attentive and kind and went out of their way to see to our needs. Thank you for your hard work!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Hanna Y
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you very much for having chosen The Warwick for your recent stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our rooms, our location, and our general ambiance.

I am terribly sorry about the overly casual encounter with a member of our Front Desk staff you described in your review. We clearly are not known for this type of service approach and I can only hope that you will accept my apologies for this behavior that seems to have marred an otherwise very enjoyable stay. I have used your example to re-enforce with everyone what is acceptable to say and what is not.

Should I ever be able to be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Warwick is ideally situated just a few minutes walk to Central Park / Times Square etc. Bedroom was very clean and spacious, although on the front it was quiet. Found the restaurant a little pricey so ate out. Staff friendly and helpful. No problems would definitely recommend and will use again.

Room Tip: Somone made the comment that rooms on the back tend to be a little dark try to get front/side facing.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for the comments you posted. We were very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you intend to return. We look forward to seeing you again then.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had been to New York two years previous and stayed in Time Square which was too busy for me. I found this location perfect for walking everywhere I wanted to go... Central Park, 5th Ave shops, Broadway, Times Square. Check in was smooth, not overly friendly, but smooth and our room was what we have come to expect in New York (small), but are bathroom was TINY with no where to put anything.
We had an outside room so lots of light, but I heard complaints from people who had an inside room and how dark it was.
After a couple of days I was wishing I had a lower floor room because the elevators are small and cant keep up with demand very well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for sharing your feedback. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a large, very modern, and very clean, comfortable and well maintained room for not much more than we've previously paid for much less. Very close to Radio City and just a short walk to the theaters. Will definitely stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: We were offered a free upgrade to a large room with a view but were told the bathroom was small and had only a shower (no tub). This proved to be a good deal. Not a lot of room to lay out toiletries though.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NOVAtravelvet

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for letting us know that you will be back based on your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed here twice, each time for five nights and likely will return for these reasons: 1) Room was large by any standard, especially for NYC. 2) Room was beautifully appointed - they've used a talented decorator. 3) Large room safe - big enough to hold two good-sized cameras plus laptop. 4) Excellent temperature control. 5) Nice view overlooking Sixth Avenue. 6) Coffeemaker and coffee furnished upon request at no additional charge. 7) Relatively quiet, as many hallways are short, so there's little of the door-banging noise prevalent in many hotels. 8) Room-darkening blinds fit window properly, allowing in a bare minimum of light. 9) Excellent service - room cleaning, check-in, check-out. 10) Good value, especially if you take advantage of senior citizen rate. 11) Subway station two short blocks away, and easy walk to theater district and other sites. 12) Wonderful convenience store-food market just a block away.

The only serious disadvantage was slow Internet service. Sometimes it was almost as slow as the dial-up service of yesteryear. A minor disadvantage is small elevators. However, they are fast and we had no overlong waits.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for having stayed with us twice and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for so many different reasons and we look forward to your third visit in the near future.