“Classic Beauty!”

Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Columbia, Maryland
“Classic Beauty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a fantastic hotel with an ideal location in NYC! My suite was unbelievably appointed, very comfortable, and spacious! I had dinner at Randolph's and the service and food were top notch - definitely give the scallops a try! I had breakfast and lunch at Murals on 54 - both were delicious and in a beautiful atmosphere with very attentive service. I also was able to use the fitness center which had everything I needed in the comfort and convenience of the hotel. All staff were very friendly and considerate from the front desk associates, through the servers, front door men, and housekeeping. My best stay in NYC ever and I've made many trips!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Peter Walterspiel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (804)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Lovely, renovated hotel. Comfortable and quiet, but no robes. Missed that lovely touch in classy hotels. Small lobby, very helpful concierge and quick to act front desk and maintenance people. We had a major leaking AC unit, that soaked part of the carpet. I am sure if we complained, they would have either moved us (we were only there one night!) or compensated us, but they did not offer either. They put towels on the floor and a gigantic blower in the room, which we shut off and took out of the room when we returned for the day. I do hope you do not have this problem. Unfortunate for us that we did and it did "dampen" our spirits but we took in two wonderful shows, dinners and could walk to Central Park, theater, museums, and so much more. We were on the 9th floor and the room was fine, but certainly not large and the light in the closet area never worked so possibly the higher floors have larger rooms and fewer problems, based on some of the earlier reviews. Better luck next time?? I would hope so, but do not plan to be back in NYC in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your feedback. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay, but sorry to hear that it was not as perfect as we like. Please accept my apologies for the challenges you encountered. Although you are not planning a return to new York in the foreseeable future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me when the time for a return might be right, so that I can assist in setting up your arrangements.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very lovely hotel in a nearly perfect location if you're visiting NYC. Central Park, Times Square, and Rockefeller Center are all in walking distance, which was amazing. Room was absolutely lovely and spacious for the price especially. Expect to pay a lot for parking, but that's New York. Housekeeping kept bothering us in the early morning, which was annoying, but the front desk was attentive and overall it was an outstanding stay. Highly recommend!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and for posting your feedback. We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you will recommend our hotel to others. Hopefully we will see you again in the future as well.

Nanticoke
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Never been to NYC before. Stayed three nights in July. Very nice hotel, small lobby, tiny elevators, beautiful rooms. We had a window, but no view. That was the only negative part of our trip. Kevin at customer service was so helpful when we were planning our day. Always a door man to open the door.
Room had a coffee maker and a safe.
Had a drink in their bar, very pricey, $10 for small draft beer, and $13 for a glass of wine.
Best part, only a few blocks from Central Park!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for having chosen The Warwick as the hotel to stay in for your first ever visit to New York City. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Kevin was able to assist you as well as he did. I will make sure that he receives your feedback. Please come and stay with us again when you come to New York the second time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband (who was working) and daughter late July 2014. How lucky were we? We had a massive room which is such a luxury. Never had this much room ever and I have been around the block a few times. I want clean and quiet and well located in my hotel (with a/c in summer). You get this and so much more. The staff are really lovely and friendly. Jay serving breakfast (which by the way is fantastic) and so sweet and cheery and he gets up at 4am. We also loved Kevin, the concierge who gave us great ideas for restaurants and travelling to Brooklyn. Really felt luxurious and we felt so lucky to stay here. Only bum note was our phone was kaput (offered to change rooms but my husband said no thanks). I would love to come and stay next time too. The hotel has a nice history and is so traditional (in a good way). After all Cary Grant lived here for 12 years. If if it is good enough for Cary - definitely good enough for us. Thank you.

Room Tip: We stayed on 21 and had a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your very positive feedback. We were all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I know that Jay and Kevin were especially please to learn that they made a difference. We hope to see you again the next time you visit New York.

Palm Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed on Friday 7/25/2014. We were celebrating my birthday with dinner, a show (Cabaret) and a nice hotel. They far far exceeded my expectations. We arrived at the hotel at 2:15 and were told that they had upgraded us but the room wasn't ready till the 3:00 check in time. We were fine with that and left the luggage and walked around for 45 minutes. Everyone was so nice from the woman who took the reservation, to the doorman who opened up the doors for us to the reception clerk and the concierge. When we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised with how large the room was. So nice and elegant. We had a nice view of the street and other buildings. The bathroom was of a nice size.
We were getting ready for our evening when there was a knock on the door from Room service. We were confused as we hadn't ordered anything. It was a gift of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and berries from the hotel, who had noted from an off the cuff remark I said when we made the reservations that it was my birthday. What a treat!!!
The beds were comfortable and I couldn't have asked for anything more.
The next morning we had the buffet breakfast, the food was great, and again the service was flawless.
My other daughter and baby granddaughter met up with us after breakfast and they were so sweet to the baby and helped my daughter carry the stroller down the stairs and told us where there was a ramp for next time we left.
All in all, it was a dream evening in NYC, and The Warwick NYC Hotel played a big part.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel special, for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Happy birthday! And thank you for having selected The Warwick as your celebration base. We were thrilled to hear that everyone went out of their way to make your special occasion a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Jersey shore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here Friday, July 25th. It was our first time at the Warwick, and we booked the Romantic Getaway Package. We arrived around noon, so we didn't expect our room to be ready that early (it wasn't), we just wanted to check our bags and start our day in the city. Marc at the front desk explained that although the room wasn't ready, we'd be very happy when we returned. Without asking for it, he told us we were upgraded to a Signature Suite! The "Modern Art" is a beautiful, large suite with a private terrace and terrific views of the city (25th floor, room 2506/7). We were very pleased with the champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, breakfast buffet in Murals and the 2:00 check out (all part of the package). The bed, linens, bathroom, etc. were all clean and exceptional. We hoped for a great getaway, but we never expected to be treated to such a wonderful and truly once in a lifetime experience. We can't wait to return to the Warwick!

Room Tip: We had free wifi due to our room upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much for choosing The Warwick for your recent romantic get away. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our signature suites, the Modern Art Suite and that Marc was able to make your stay very memorable by providing this upgrade to you. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to New York City.