“Good hotel with good location”
Review of W New York

W New York
Ranked #319 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good hotel with good location”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights last week. It is a nice hotel and is in a good located. Subway stops just 2 blocks away! Beds are comfortable and rooms are nice....small but you are in NYC after all! Our room did not have a view, so I would definitely request one if that is important to you. Elevators are tiny but efficient. I would consider staying here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
GMAnnaM, General Manager at W New York, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Hello Mr. and Mrs. LeBouef,

Thanks for your review and choosing us for your NYC escape. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and were able to take advantage of our great location in the heart of Manhattan. We’d love to welcome you both back anytime. Please write to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you are planning another trip. Thanks again for your post! We hope to see you again.

Anna M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (750)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Have stayed at several W properties in the US and am used to the small rooms of design hotels. What was a bad surprise during my recent stay at W New York was how ran down the room was, some upholstery was torn, carpet stained. In addition I was put in the 3rd floor and there was some renovation going on outside the room so there were workers walking at my window all day.
Service was good as was the food, but overall not worth the price (USD 349 per night).
It is well located but I can think of several better options in the region.
They should have warned me about the construction, I would have asked to move to another room.

Room Tip: Ask for high floors
Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. It sounds like you have had the opportunity to visit many W hotels, and we appreciate that you decided to give our hotel a chance during your recent trip to New York. I’m sincerely sorry about the condition of your room. This is not the experience we aim to provide our guests, and I’ll be sharing your feedback with my team to take a look at your concerns. I must also apologize for the disturbances you experienced from the construction occurring next door. I know this is not what you expect as you come to us for rest and relaxation, and I’m very sorry you could not rest comfortably. I do hope you will consider giving us another chance. Please reach out to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you are planning another trip so I can oversee your visit. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again.

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the W hotel with my Fiance as we were going to the US open. The hotel is situated centrally to times square,5th ave etc.we arrived 2 hours before they allow check in and got checked in no problem.we were situated on the 8th floor however there was construction going on outside and we asked to move as we needed to sleep.we were then placed on the 12th floor and noise was reduced.

The staff were friendly however there was a tennis event on and security at the front door was very intimidating and demanded we had proof of identity for re-entry.there was no access to the bar and we were very disappointed in how guests were treated during the night of the event.

We had a cozy room which was plenty big enough for 2 people. I would of liked to see a bath and some coffee making facilities.these would of been nice home comforts.

We would probably return to this hotel although it would be better if they opened the roof terrace on the top flor for everyone instead of giving it to the person who is checked into the wow suite.it would be nice to relax up there.otherwise you have to sit in the bar downstairs and listen to dance music all the time which gets louder as the day goes on.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
GMAnnaM, General Manager at W New York, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hello Purpleney,

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. My team was more than happy to provide you with a room move to help you rest comfortably. We provide coffee makers upon request, and our Oasis Bar in the Living Room was open after the event. I am sincerely sorry if you were not aware of this during your stay. I’m glad to hear that you are willing to give us another chance and consider us for your next trip to New York City. Please write to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you are planning visit, and I’d be happy to help in any way that I can. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Houston, TX
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed at the W Hotel for a one night business trip and was not overly impressed with it. The décor of the hotel appeared to have a “was trendy last decade” vibe and lacked any personality or excitement factor. The bedroom was simply decorated in a typical “modern” style. The bathroom showed more of the age of the building, but was clean with all the normal accouterments. While I did not get a chance to fully experience all aspects of the customer service, I could tell that this is an area where the hotel excels. I received a personal voice mail from the hotel thanking me for my stay and asking if there was anything they could do to make my stay better. I thought that was a nice touch. I also found the room service food to be some of the best I’ve ever had at a hotel. The location is further on the east side than what I would recommend for those traveling on vacation, but is acceptable for a business stay if the company you are visiting is in the immediate area.

1 Thank AngeliqueCPA
Hello AngeliqueCPA,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent visit with us. I appreciate your kind words about our talent and your In-Room Dining experience. Our goal is to provide memorable experiences for our guests, and I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with my team. Thank you also for your feedback on the décor of the hotel and guestroom. I’ll be happy to share your comments with my team so they can take a closer look at your concerns. We hope you will return to us again during your next visit to New York. Please write to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com when you are planning another trip. Thanks again for your post. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I bid this hotel on priceline, and was a little scared of what I would find. It was better than expected, the room was not so small, as I read in the reviews. it was clean, modern, great bed, great washroom and supplies. The view from the hotel was creepy, in a (kinda) backyard, it was really dark, I thought it was going to rain, and when I stepped outside it was so sunny :) What I didn't like, was the fact that the receptionist was trying to take a deposit on my credit card without even telling me about it....The best thing about this hotel is the location, just 10 minutes walking to Rockefeller Plaza. I paid 155$ per night (Priceline) and I would go there again for sure!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello Amalia,

Thanks for your post. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were comfortable in your guestroom. I apologize for any misunderstanding that occurred during your interaction at check-in. We took your credit card at check-in to authorize money for incidental charges during your stay. The money is returned to your available balance when you check-out if you do not have any incidental charges. I’m sorry if this was not communicated to you when you arrived. I’ll share your comments with my Welcome Office team so they can follow-up immediately. Thanks again for your feedback. Please write to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com before your next trip. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pasadena
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The standard room was small with modern furnishings and a comfortable bed. It was hot outside and the AC was very noisy. The gym is acceptable, but nothing special. The internet wasn't particularly fast. The hotel is in a good location in mid-town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Eric G,

Thanks for your review. My apologies that you encountered noise disturbances from your air conditioning unit during your stay with us. It sounds like we were not able to provide you with a memorable experience, and I’m sincerely sorry for that. I’ll be passing your comments along to my team so they can take a closer look at your concerns. Thanks again for your post. Should you decide to return, please reach out me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was a great location for attending the NY Gift Show. They have a special rate for the show and it's a pretty good value.

The room layout was a little odd--most of the reading light was on the side of the bed opposite where one person would be.

But, again, the location was excellent. Found a great diner around the corner and Metropolitan Cafe had great take out.

Hello maggie2moo2002,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I hope that you enjoyed your time at the NY Gift Show. I’m glad to hear our location was convenient for you during your visit. We’re lucky that we are accessible to all parts of the city. I appreciate your feedback regarding our guestroom design, and I’ll share your comments with my team so they can take a closer look at your concerns. Thanks again for your review. When you are planning another NYC trip, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at GMAnna.MacDiarmid@whotels.com. We hope to see you again soon!