“Under the stop watch”
Review of Vai

Vai
Reserve with OpenTable
Vai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,682 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 80 and 81 street
Description: A great meal is not just about the food and wine. A great meal is not just one that fills you up. A great meal opens up your senses and introduces you to new tastes. What we choose to do at Vai is take the simple act of eating, an ordinary activity, and make it extraordinary. Our staff will make your visit an amazing experience. Vai, which means "go" in Italian, is a beautiful space, warm atmosphere, filled with people who care. We will treat you as a guest in our home. Sit, relax, breath...let us take care of you. Let us create a memory.
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

If you want to feel rushed and buried. If you want to feel that you are reading dinner and racing a stop watch this is your place. Management had one goal and that is to get you out fat. Would not rush to this restaurant for VA plant leisurely meal

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was our second visit to Vai in the past year. Our first visit was disappointing, but a friend insisted we try it again. We arrived early for dinner and the restaurant was empty. We asked for a seat away from the door and we're told that they were reserved. I mentioned that we also made reservations and that since the restaurant was empty... We were finally allowed to sit further from the door. We ordered a bottle of red wine which was undrinkable because it was too cold. "Just out of the cellar" was the explanation. Perhaps an offer of a wine that wasn't refrigerator temperature would have been nice. My salmon came cold and under cooked-I asked for it to be well-done. The waiter took it back to the kitchen and it came back cooked but still cold. I

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is my second time in a week. Sunday I had the Boston salad with blue cheese dressing and the burrata appetizer. Fantastic. And they brought me a lovely pot de creme as a lagniappe. Today I only had room for a salad and ordered the arugula/pear/speck salad. Might be the best salad I have ever had. Amazing. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Loved Vai. The food was interesting and delicious. And a great value. The bill, including wine and a wonderful dessert they gave us, was $50 a person. This is for a lot of food!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Been to vai four times now and our daughter had her wedding reception there. The food is excellent as is the service. We had 50 to the reception and everything was perfect could not have been better. Vince & his team are amazing, this is a real gem of a place.