“Great from the start!”

SIXTY LES
Ranked #215 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Let me preface this by saying that I haven't even checked in yet and I'm so excited and impressed by the level of customer service.

Having lived in NYC for over 10 years, I recently moved away and will be visiting in the near future to surprise a friend. I figured I may as well treat myself (right?!) and location and customer service are probably the two most important things I consider when paying for hotel stays.

On that note, I emailed the hotel for clarification on a matter and a hotel representative, Linda, emailed me back within hours. Not only did Linda answer my question swiftly, she provided me with excellent information.

Because of Linda, I booked my room, without hesitation, before even reading any reviews.
After booking my room I decided to come check reviews here on TripAdvisor and I'm so excited to see how positive they are. Indeed I am even more impressed that Tenzing seems to respond to all recent clientele who leave reviews. This is impressive and, in my view, should be a clear indication of the level of service that is offered at Sixty LES.

Once I actually do fulfill my hotel stay I will come back to revise this review, but at this moment, I am very pleased.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Tenzing D, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello there,

Thank you for this wonderful pre-stay review. We are absolutely honored to have you stay with us and thank you once again for recognizing some employees for their outstanding customer service. I will assure you that their respective department heads and myself will bring this to their attention as these compliments and recognition are a necessity for individual motivation and development for future leaders in the hospitality industry.

Again, we cannot wait to welcome you to Sixty LES and as excited as you are - I can assure you that you will not be disappointed in this amazing gem of a hotel in the heart of LES.

With all my regards and the staff here at Sixty LES, we wish you a safe trip and look forward to your stay here at Sixty LES.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2014

NYC has many great hotels and this isndefinitively one of them. The rooms are gigantic for manhattan standards, and beautfully decorated. Views are superb on the higher floors. Beds are super, and unless you have a room right next to the pool or rooftopbar in summer, it is a very quiet hotel and you will sleep as a rose, a midst of one of Manhattan's liveliest areas: LES. Tons of restaurants and bars are within a range of minutes. Also Soho, The Village, Chinatown are within walking distance for the ultimate NYC experience. What I like so much there is that within 2minutes you have great places to discover live music like the Rockwood orMercury Lounge. Last but not least, the hotel's own restaurant is atop japanese restaurant annex bar. This is by far out my favourite NYC hotel!

Room Tip: Stay away from pool and rooftopbar in summer
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Tenzing D, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for this amazing review. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and it's location.

We hope to see you in the near future and if you do return to us, please connect with me before you book anything.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have had the most enjoyable stay here thanks to the kind staff and super luxe hotel accommodations. This king deluxe room not only had a large modern bath tub... But a great balcony on the main street to get a real view of the city. The cleaning crew never knocks on your door early.... In fact I never put out my sign saying "do not disturb" they simply came sometime after 1pm when I was already out exploring the big city!! When I checked in Miguel immediately upgraded my room. That was just the beginning.....

Later during my visit.. I decided to extend my stay. I called downstairs and the girl who answered made me feel like I had to move all my things out of my current room and into my next. But when I went downstairs I met Robert! He made all the changes while keeping me in my upgraded room in 5mins and compd. ...my internet for the day. And he is the reason I decided to write this review!

So thank you Robert and Miguel and all of the wonderful staff at Sixty LES!
See you next time!

Room Tip: If u are alight sleeper.... Get a room that is not close to elevators!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Tenzing D, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback.

It really helps and motivates our team members when they are recognized for their outstanding service that we provide to every guest that we encounter. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay and the extension on the room was effortless and swift.

Please do visit us another time and make sure to contact us directly, if not me, Robert and Miguel will be more than happy to recreate this special experience in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in NYC when visiting. From my Check in and check out, everything was completely wonderful and outstanding. The bellmen was so great and wonderful! I was standing outside in the cold to caught a cab! He came outside grab my things and asked me to go back inside. He stood outside and grab a cab for me, great customer service! The Design of the place is outstanding, new and modern also very cheek! I stayed in the King Deluxe rm at the corner with my own private balcony! With great view of the city! When I return to NYC I will only stay at The Thompson LES! No reason to stay anyplace else, you will check out not wanting to leave!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JWatkins8406
Tenzing D, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We do appreciate the amazing comments about our bell staff and will convey your message to them.
Indeed, most of our King Deluxe rooms have balconies with spectacular views of the city and I'm glad you had an amazing stay with us.

Please do contact me directly when that next visit is due and I will accommodate you to best of my abilities.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We booked last minute using Hotel Tonight and it was a great experience. We walked in within an hour of booking and they already had our reservation on file, upgraded us, and the room was ready. The room was beautiful and very cozy. Rooms in NYC are typically small, and this was no exception, but the layout allowed plenty of room to move around comfortably without falling over each other. The rest of the hotel was very clean and general well kept, staff very pleasant, bedding comfy, and the location is great.

Room Tip: Corner suites are bigger and quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tenzing D, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your amazing review.

We are so happy that you found us and we are very delighted to hear that your stay was more than satisfactory. We are very proud of our staff and their dedication to perfection that drives this hotel has synonymous stories such as yours.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and next time if you don't find us on Hotel Tonight - shoot me an email and maybe we can duplicate that experience of yours.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice rooms with very comfortable bedding.
Great location in an exciting neighborhood with lots of great coffee shops, restaurants and bars nearby. There is an incredible meatball shop right around the corner open for lunch through late night

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is a great deal for us that you have chosen to spread the word about our neighborhood and the many interesting businesses around that cater to the norms of this locale.

Meatball shop to be specific is an iconic restaurant that has established itself as a doer and stayer for years to come. Thank you for recommending this. We love them as well.

Please feel free to inquire with me regarding any promotions if you do happen to come around the neighborhood and we can show you the rest of Lower East Side as it evolves...

Reviewed 20 January 2014

loved this hotel. clean, fun and great price.
hadn't been to the east village in a long time and this neighborhood has incredibly fun and cool shops, bars and restaurants.
soho and nolita are in walking distance if you are feeling like a good solid walk.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Tenzing D, Manager at SIXTY LES, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Hope the return to LES brought back memories of the past and our hotel a feel, as if your second home.

We look forward to your return and assure you that LES, the neighborhood and the hotel is truly one of a kind.

Best regards,